Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi,

I'm a new user of Spire barcode. I'm presently using the free edition and generating EAN14 barcodes using the code snippet below, which was copied and adapted from the Spire web site.

Whenever I generate an EAN14 code, the check digit is always missing in the text at the foot of the barcode. For example, using barcode digits of "1234567890123", Spire barcode generates the attached image, which does not display a check digit.

I know that sequence of digits is of the correct length and can generate EAN14 barcodes correctly with a check digit, because entering the same digits at the online check digit service GS1 returns a correct sequence of 14 digits. That service shows a check digit of "1" should be displayed for the digits "1234567890123", but Spire does not do that.

What do I need to do to create an EAN14 code which displays a check digit in the text at the foot of printed barcode?

Mike

Here is the code snippet taken from the Spire web site:

string productBarCode = "1234567890123";
BarcodeSettings settings = new BarcodeSettings();
settings.Type = BarCodeType.EAN14;
settings.Data = productBarCode;
settings.UseChecksum = CheckSumMode.ForceEnable;
settings.ShowCheckSumChar = true;
settings.ShowTextOnBottom = true;
settings.TextAlignment = System.Drawing.StringAlignment.Center;
BarCodeGenerator generator = new BarCodeGenerator(settings);
System.Drawing.Image image = generator.GenerateImage();

mikegorman

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
I tested your case with FreeSpire.Barcode v2.3.0 and did reproduce your issue. However, this issue does not exist in the latest commercial version (Spire.BarCode(Hot Fix) Version:4.9.2). Sorry to tell you that we only upgrade our free version irregularly, I suggest you test your case with our latest commercial version.
To help you evaluate our commercial edition better and remove the warning message, we just sent you a temporary (one month free) license, please refer to this tutorial (How to Apply the License by license key) to apply your license and remove the warning message.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Return to Spire.BarCode