Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Has the problem with slow conversion between docx to pdf been corrected with the newest version? I have a document that is 75k in size. It takes < 1 second to save it as docx and > 2 minutes to save it as a pdf.

I would like to upgrade, but not if this is still an issue.

rob2515

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:15 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I simulated a 75KB Word document and tested our latest Spire.Doc Pack(Hot Fix) Version:9.4.12. The PDF conversion costs about 7s. If you were using an old version, I suggest that you try again with the latest version. If your issue still exists after testing, to help further investigate it, please share us with your Word file as well as your testing environment, such as (E.g. Windows7, 64bit) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese). You could attach your file here or send it to our email (support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:10 pm

Developing C# ASP.NET Web Application with .NET Framework 4.6.1 using Spire.Doc version 9.4.12.0 (free version). Docx file was generated from email communications.

Not sure if it has something to do with embedded img or not, but I tried 2 other libraries and both saved pdf in < 5 seconds.

rob2515

Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:58 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I tested the Word document you provided in the same environment and found the conversion speed was really slow. I have recorded it in our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-5905, our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc