Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi there

I've been using Spire.Doc to convert Word Documents to pdf using memory streams, using the following method:
Code: Select all
        protected static Stream ConvertWordToPdfStream(Stream stream)
        {
            Document doc = new Document(stream);
            var pdfStream = new MemoryStream();
            doc.SaveToStream(pdfStream, FileFormat.PDF);
            pdfStream.Position = 0;
            return pdfStream;
        }

On a Linux based container, I've been running into an issue, that the disk runs full over time and was able to localize it to this piece of code using Spire.PDF creating some files in the /tmp/ folder that all begin with "ff" (like for example "ffhDuqq8" or "ffr1qeqk") and contain binary data. These files aren't removed after the conversion is finished, which causes them to accumulate until the disk runs full. I've tried using "using" declarations to dispose of the Document object and stream but the files are not removed.
I can't reproduce this issue on Windows. Is this a bug in Spire.Doc or is there a leak in the above code, I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Nico_Pfi

Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Since our office is closed during the Labor Day holiday (2021/5/1-2021/5/5), we lack a Linux environment for further testing and verification. We'll test your case as soon as we get back to work and then give you a feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Sat May 08, 2021 6:20 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the late reply.
I simulated a word file and did an initial test with the latest Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:9.4.18, but I did not reproduce your issue. If you are using an older version, please download the latest version and try it again.
If there are still any issues, to help us investigate further, please provide us with your input file and your OS information (e.g. Centos7, 64bit). You can upload your file here or send it to us (support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Tue May 11, 2021 3:46 am

Hello,

How is your issue now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Tue May 25, 2021 2:52 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the late response. The issue persists but mainly with the latest free version of Spire.Doc. I tried evaluating the licensed version but that one had other problems which caused the project to not even be able to start so it fell through as a viable candidate. For the time being, it seems like we're stuck with regularly clearing the temp folder due to the lack of development resources on our part.

Regards

Nicola

Nico_Pfi

Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 am

Hello Nicola,

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to tell you that we only upgrade the free version irregularly. All new features and bug fixes are included in the commercial version first. Thus, we recommend you try with our latest commercial version as it is more stable and contains more bug fixes.

As for the problem you mentioned when evaluating the licensed version, could you describe it in detail and provide further information to help us investigate? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:18 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
How is your issue now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team

Brian.Li

Return to Spire.Doc