Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am

HI,

Im having trouble giving the converted PDF a PDF/A conformance. I followed the guide https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spire.Doc/Spire.Doc-Program-Guide/Conversion/How-to-Convert-Word-to-PDF/A-in-C.html.

But both Adobe Reader and VeraPDF does not detect any Conformance level.
I have attached the DOCX im trying to convert.
My code
Code: Select all
            var document = new Document(docFile.OpenReadStream(), FileFormat.Auto);
            var parameters = new ToPdfParameterList()
            {
                PdfConformanceLevel = PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A2A
            };

document.SaveToStream(pdfDocument, parameters);

anderslindhardt

Tue May 19, 2020 2:04 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I did notice the issue you mentioned. I have posted it to our Dev team for further investigation and fixing. If there is any update, we will let you know.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 am

Also found this issue.
While checking on a PDF that has PDF/A. There is no Conformance information returned.

Code: Select all
var pdf = new PdfDocument(fileToCheck.OpenReadStream());
var conformance = pdf.Conformance;

anderslindhardt

Tue May 19, 2020 9:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
I noticed that your PDF file conforms to PDF/A-3A standard. Sorry to tell you that our Spire.PDF doesn't support getting the conformance level of the Pdf/A-3A document at present. However, we are considering adding it as a new feature to our upgrade list. If it can be achieved in the future, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iecblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.4.5 that support getting the conformance level of the Pdf/A-3A document. Welcome to download it from the following links.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/7.4.5

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30 am

This error means that there is no application on your computer registered for printing of .doc or .docx files. You need to install such an application, for example, MS Word.

RonaldSwive

Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for your sharing.

Kindly note that the Spire.Doc for .NET doesn't need Microsoft Word to be installed on neither the development nor target systems. Are you encounter some problems when using our products? Could you please describe it in detail?

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Doc