Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Downloads.rar

Hello,

I'm getting a spacing issue when saving a document (generated from spire) to pdf. I'm using the latest nuget packages for Spire.Office.

I've attached the docx and pdf files for your reference.
In the pdf file, "Header 1" has unnecessary spacing before. Can someone please help me how to resolve this issue?

Below is my code in C#, I tried with params and without params.

Code: Select all
       var parms = new SP.ToPdfParameterList()
                {
                    IsEmbeddedAllFonts = true
                };

var document = new Document();
                document.LoadFromFile("TestForToday.docx");

document.SaveToFile("TestForToday.pdf", parms);

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

santuvssantu

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system. Once it is fixed or there are some updates, we will let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello Nina,

Thanks for your response, Could you please let us know when it will be resolved? Since we are using a licensed product, clients are asking for a time estimate.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

santuvssantu

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:21 am

Hello,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
We have found the cause of your issue, that is there are two tables in your document, but currently our product doesn't contain the processing of aligning columns of two consecutive tables. I'm afraid the issue can't be resolved in a short time and any reliable estimate cannot be provided at this moment. If there is any progress, we will let you know. Sorry for this delay and thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello Nina,

Can we know if you have any update on this?

The issue has been raised more than a month before, clients are getting frustrated with the wait and no ETA information.
Any estimated time when this can be fixed would be of great help. That will at least give us a hold off time so we can change priorities of modules.

Please let us know if it can't be fixed in next few days, so we can look at other options. Hope you understand our point of view.

Thanks,
Santhoshi.

santuvssantu

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 am

Dear Santhoshi,

Sorry there is still no significant progress so far, the alignment issue is very complex and our team haven't found a breakthrough yet. In fact the column where the Header 1 is located itself has space before, and MS Word automatically handles the alignment of the two consecutive tables to be consistent but our product doesn't. If you insert a blank paragraph between the two consecutive table so that the two tables are not continuous, you will find the space before Header 1, and then if manually modify the position of Header 1, you will get the correct result generated by our product. Here I attached the new modified Word document and generated Pdf file for your reference. This might be a temporary workaround for you. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Dear Nina,
Thank you for your reply. I'll apply the temporary workaround and check if it's working for us. Would wait for you guys to fix it with permanent solution.

Thanks,
Santhoshi.

santuvssantu

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:40 am

Dear Santhoshi,

Thanks for your feedback.
If there is any update, we will inform you at once.
Wish you a nice day!

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Dear Nina,

It's been a very long time we are waiting for the permanent solution. Do you have any update on this?

Thanks,
Santhoshi.

santuvssantu

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:19 am

Dear Santhoshi,

Sorry the issue has not been figured out at present, the issue is too difficult and we haven't found the breakthrough. I have urged our Dev team and requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest. We will keep you informed about the progress. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Hello,

Do you have any update on this?

santuvssantu

Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 am

Dear Santhoshi,

Sorry there is still no update yet. Our Dev team tired their best but they didn't find a good way to deal with it since the issue is too complicated. And as I replied to you before, the column where the Header 1 is located itself has space before. The Microsoft Word automatically handles the alignment of the two consecutive tables to be consistent but our product doesn't. If you insert a blank paragraph between the two consecutive table so that the two tables are not continuous, you will find the space before Header 1, and if manually modify the position of Header 1, you will get the correct result generated by our product. I suggest that you manually modify the position of Header 1.
Anyway, I will notify you once there is any good news regarding your issue. So sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
Glad to inform your that the reproted issue has been resolved. Welcome to download the hotfix Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:8.2.9 from the following link.
Website link:https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/8.2.9

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Return to Spire.Doc