Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:40 pm

I am testing the spire.doc component to make sure it works before we purchase it, so this problem may be because I am not using a licensed version yet.

When I try to create an object instance on a Word .Doc file (not docx, it works fine. But 1997-2003 format)

Dim document As New Spire.Doc.Document(sFileName)

it fails. I have tried several word files and it is the same result (*.docx works, and *.doc fails). There is no special formatting or anything. just a few letters typed into a blank word document and saved.

Error:

"Could not load type 'sprᨣ' from assembly 'Spire.Pdf, Version=3.7.4.7035, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=663f351905198cb3'."

Note that the blank space in 'spr ' is a special character that is being returned. Also, it seems odd that I am getting an assembly.pdf error when I am trying to invoke the spire.doc object. Not sure if that is an issue.

Please help. We would like to purchase a couple of developer licenses, but need to be able to process *.doc files.

Bowermml1973

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.
Please share a .doc file to help us replicate and investigate the issue. You also can send it to support@e-iceblue.com if it is inconvenience to share it here.

Thank you for your further assistance in advance.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Sorry. I thought I updated this. It was because I was using an older version of your library (one I found on Nuget)

Bowermml1973

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Welcome to feel free to write to us again if you have further problems.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc