Spire.Email for .NET is a professional .NET Email library specially designed for developers to create, read and manipulate emails from any .NET (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET) platform with fast and high quality performance.

Tue May 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi there,

I am attempting to delete emails in Outbox folder and where I will mark emails in the folder as deleted using ImapClient..::MarkAsDeleted Method and proceed with ImapClient..::MarkAsDeleted Method to delete those emails. But I am having troubles with marking the emails as deleted, the function MarkAsDeleted requires argument of string sequence number, but when I pass the seq no, it always returns error. I tried out with other MarkAsSeen method which requires argument of int sequence number and it was okay. Maybe there's an issue with my MarkAsDeleted method(
MarkAsDeleted.PNG
), please advise.

putrinadia

Wed May 20, 2020 10:16 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post.
Yes, when setting the argument of string sequence number for MarkAsDeleted Method, I indeed got the command argument error. I have logged this issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREEMAIL-34. Our Dev team will do more investigations and fixing, if there is any update, we will let you know asap. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu May 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the update.

Let me know when it's fixed.

Thank you!

putrinadia

Fri May 22, 2020 1:35 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sure, we will keep you informed once there is any progress of this issue. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi I'm encountering this error. Has there been an update or is there an expected fix date?

tylergiffel

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:00 am

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your post.
Sorry to tell you that our Dev team is still fixing this issue and we are unable to give you an estimated time at this moment. Anyway, I have requested our Dev team to share any possible ETA at their earliest time. We will keep you informed once there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi E-ICEBLUE Support,

Is there any update on the issue? What is the ETA for it?

I am wondering why imap.MarkAsDeleted() method expects string seq number as parameter and all other methods expects int seq number. It would be great if the issue get resolved and we able to mark message as deleted.

Thanks,

a_shinde

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:09 am

Hi a_shinde,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I just checked the status of this issue but found it has not been resolved. I have urged our Dev team to speed up the fixing. We will notify you as soon as the issue is fixed. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:06 pm

In the mean time, till the issue is resolved, is there any work around I can implement? Is it possible to move an email message from inbox to a different folder ?

a_shinde

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:35 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
For the issue SPIREEMAIL-34, sorry there is no alternative way at present. I will keep you informed if there is any good news. As for “move an email message from inbox to a different folder” you mentioned, sorry it is not yet supported, we will consider adding it as a new feature to our upgrade list. If it can be achieved in the future, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team

Elena.Zhang

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 am

Hi all,

Glad to inform that our Dev team has updated the internal code for the SPIREEMAIL-34 issue. Now you just need to pass an Int sequence number for MarkAsDeleted function. Please download the temporary version (spire.email_3.9.1.zip) to test firstly. If there is any question, just feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:09 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Glad to inform that we just released the official Spire.Email Pack Version:4.1, please download and test it.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Email