Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 pm

I am seeing a weird behavior when generating a data matrix code when the data string contains dash characters. Instead of a square data matrix code, the generated image is a long rectangle that looks like the square cut in half with the halves setting right next to each other. If I remove the dashes, then there's no problem with the image generated. Is there something special I need to do when the text contains dashes?

Based on the DataMatrix Code example form, I have the following code, which generates the weird image:

BarcodeSettings bs = new BarcodeSettings();
bs.Type = BarCodeType.DataMatrix;
bs.Data2D = "1P2-F02679-90";
bs.ShowText = true;
bs.AutoResize = true;
string filename = "Test.png";
bg.GenerateImage().Save(filename);
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(filename);

mesterak

Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:00 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I tested your code and did reproduce the issue you mentioned. I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREBARCODE-213. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:31 am

Thank you for confirming the issue and for engaging the development team. Would it be possible to provide a general timeframe when a bug fix release will be available?

mesterak

Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:29 am

Hello,

Thanks for following up.
Sorry for not being able to give you a firm release date for the new version at this time.
The issue SPIREBARCODE-213 has been resolved, now it is in the testing phase. Once the tests pass, we will provide a new hotfix version for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:26 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.BarCode(Hot Fix) Version:6.3.1 which fixes the issue of SPIREBARCODE-213.
Please download the new version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-barcode-for-net.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Barcode/6.3.1

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:26 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!
Have you tried the new version of Spire.BarCode? Is the issue resolved now? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:57 pm

I can confirm that the issue is fixed. Thank you!

mesterak

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:09 am

Hello,

You're welcome.
If you have other questions about using our products in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.BarCode