Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 am

I'm evaluation office.spire as a potential solution for a major client. The project requires that a backend Service be able to generate a variety of documents as attachments to emails.

The plan is to use Microsoft's OpenXml standard with Word 2007/2010 to set up the templates using custom controls for the variable content which will then be bound to Custom Xml Parts (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb608618.aspx) as this can easily be replaced by the back end Service at run time. So far, that part works really well and the final generated docx documents open in Word perfectly showing the content from the Custom XML.

The final step is that the client wants the documents sent in pdf format which is where Spire.Office comes in. I can open the docx files and save them as pdf ok but the saved file shows the original control content not the custom content.

How do I get the custom content to show in the saved pdf file?

Testor

Thu May 17, 2012 8:38 am

Hi Testor,

Thanks for choosing Spire.Office.

As the custom content to show in the saved pdf, I am so sorry that our product doesn't support this feature at this stage. We will consider adding it in our future upgrade.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a gerat day!

Kind regards.
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.Doc