Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 am

Hi,

We are developing a windows service application for the generation of preview images from different types of documents and we think Spire.Doc and Spire.Xls could do a nice job at helping us speed up the implementation since they seem very easy to integrate and use.

Before buying we performed some tests with the trial versions of each component and we encountered some issues that we would like you to help us solve as soon as possible.

For Spire.XLS we noticed that the conversion to images doesn't work as expected when we have a linear block of cells that have been previously merged. The resulting image is cropped to include only the display area of the first cell in the range.

For exemplification i have attached an archive that contains a workbook we used to perform our testing and the source code of the component that invokes Spire.XLS API's.

We have also noticed that the method sheet.IsEmpty does not help us skip empty sheets. The same document mentioned above has been used for testing.
Attachments
Spire.XLS cropped image.zip
(10.02 KiB) Downloaded 479 times

andreistefan

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 am

Hi andreistefan,

Thank you for reporting this problem to us.

We have tested the issue, and there is indeed a bug exists in Spire.XLS with judging a worksheet is empty or not in xls format. But when converting a worksheet which is not empty with merged cells, it can display all the linear block. You didn't merge the cells in your workbook, so it displayed the first cell instead of all the merged cells. We are so sorry that we need some more time to fix the IsEmpty problem. At the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. However, if the excel's format is xlsx, Spire.XLS can skip the empty sheets and convert the worksheet to image perfectly. I attached you a demo converting xls to image,please have a look. We recommend you use xlsx as a workaround at this stage. Once we fix this bug, we will inform you as soon as possible.

By the way, the excel file you attached
Sorry for inconvenience.

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know. Have a great day!

Kind Regards.
Suvi
e-iceblue support
Attachments
403XlS.zip
(93.95 KiB) Downloaded 594 times

Suvi.Wu

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:30 am

Hi,

Thank you for you reply. The issue with the empty sheets is clear, but concerning the first one it seems that i missed the context in which the problem arises. I thought i had a linear block of merged cells in the atached file, but it seems it was a single cell with word wrapping set to false, so with text overflowing in the adjacent cells.

This is not the desired behaviour. We would like to see text even when overflowing happens. I don't know if we face a bug or it was intended to be like this, so please let me know more.

Kind Regards,
Andrei Stefan

andreistefan

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 am

Hello Andrei Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback.

If the text of one cell is overflowing, when converting the sheet to an image, it is intended to be like "this" instead of a bug. Because that converting sheet to image is just taking a snapshot of the ranges have data.

Hoping this can be helpful for you.

Have a great day.

BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Suvi,

It's perfectly clear now.

I'll give an ok to my boss to proceed with the purchase.

Regards,
Andrei Stefan

andreistefan

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:24 am

Hi Andrei Stefan,

Thanks for choosing Spire.XLS and we are so glad to cooperate with you.

Have a nice day.

Best wishes and regards
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.XLS