Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:32 pm

While most of our Microsoft Word conversions to PDF work quite well, we just received a specific Word document (attached) that results in a StackOverflowException when the SaveToFile method is called.

The code is as follows:

Code: Select all
doc = New Document();
doc.LoadFromFile(source);
doc.ClearMacros();
doc.SaveToFile(destination, FileFormat.PDF);

I've updated Spire.Doc to the 7.2.4 hotfix, but the problem persists.

If you could check into this, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Kevin Lukes
Programmer/Analyst
AltaLink LP

klukes

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 am

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting us.
I have reproduced the exception issue when converting your Word document to PDF and logged it into our bug tracking system for further investigating and fixing. If there is any update, we will keep you informed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:32 am

Hello,

Glad to inform you that the exception has been fixed in Spire.Doc Version:7.3.10. Welcome to download it from the following links.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Doc/

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
Last edited by Lisa.Li on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa.Li

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Thank you for the update. I can confirm that the conversion is working now.

However, I'm now getting an evaluation warning in the conversion. I checked my license file, and there's still a couple of weeks left on the license (we're in the process of renewing, so this might resolve itself then).

Kevin Lukes
Programmer/Analyst

klukes

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 am

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
It is because our authorization for license version did not match the span of the hotfix version. This is a problem from our side and it would not happen in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our sales team just sent an updated license to your emial, please check and use them for the latest version. If there is any question, just feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc