Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing a problem when generating a pdf from html inside spire where the layout on nested tables become skewed across multiple pages. See pdfPage1.png and pdfPage2.png in attached zip

When I generate the html as a word document however it looks fine. See testWord.docx in attached documents
I can also see that when I take the word document and use office to save the document as a pdf it also saves correctly. See testWordToPdf.pdf in attached documents.

I've also included the html we use to generate the file in the attachments.

Thanks,
Lee

lee.brassil

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:53 am

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed information.
I have reproduced the issue and logged it into our bug tracking system. Once it is fixed, we will inform you. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am

Hi Nina,

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Regards,
Lee

lee.brassil

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:49 am

Hello Lee,

Thank you for following up.
Sorry there is no progress. Our Dev team are speeding up to fix your issue now, once there is any update, I will let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi Lisa,

Can I get a status update on this? The issue is affecting our production users as they cannot generate a pdf correctly to progress their workstreams.

Regards,
Lee

lee.brassil

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:07 am

Dear Lee,

Thank you for following up.
Sorry that your reported issue has not been resolved yet due to the complexity, our Dev team is still working on it. Please spare us more time. We will keep you informed regarding any available update.
Besides, we didn't find your purchase record, could you please provide your purchase information such as order number or license registration email for our reference? You could send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:18 am

Hi Lisa,

No problem, I've sent the order number on to the requested email address. At the time I opened the ticket the person who bought the license was on annual leave, apologies for any confusion.

Regards,
Lee

lee.brassil

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 am

Dear Lee,

Thank you for sharing.
According to your order number, we have found your purchase record. And I just got the good news from our Dev team that your issue has been resolved and it is under testing phase, once the tests pass, we will prepare a hotfix for you ASAP. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi Lisa,

My colleague Lee replied to you on the 30th October saying that the problem is still occurring with the tables getting "compressed" or "squashed" up on to the left hand side of the page.

The document now generates and doesn't get stuck in an infinite loop which is fine but the table issue is still a problem for our users.

Has there being any follow up on this do you know?

Thanks,
Darren

DarrenPrunty1

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 am

Dear Darren,

Yes, I did notice that there are still some issues when converting test.html ( that your colleague Lee provided previously) to Pdf directly. Unfortunately, the table issue did not pass the first tests due to its complexity, our Dev team are speeding up to fix again. If there is any progress, I will let you know immediately. Apologize so much for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:32 am

Dear Darren,

The reported issues are fixed in Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version: 6.11.5 , and I did notice that there are some minor issues like attached screenshot, our Dev team informed that these issues are very hard to be fixed in a short time due to the complexity. Please test the hotfix on your side and then let us know if the testing result could reach your desired effect. Look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc