Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Hello,

I am unable to produce a PDF/A-2A compliant file. However, I can produce PDF/A-1A and PDF/A-1B compliant files. I am using Adobe to verify the standards conformance for the file.
The Standards menu and panel are available only if the PDF conforms to a standard. Please Advise?

See base code below:

Dim originaldoc As New PdfDocument()
originaldoc.LoadFromFile(fd.FileName)

Dim newdoc As New PdfNewDocument()
newdoc.Conformance = PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A2A

For Each page As PdfPageBase In originaldoc.Pages
Dim size As SizeF = page.Size
Dim p As PdfPageBase = newdoc.Pages.Add(size, New Spire.Pdf.Graphics.PdfMargins(0))
page.CreateTemplate().Draw(p, 0, 0)

Next

cpuguru11

Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I noticed the issue that generated PDF didn’t present as the PDF/A-2A standard. I have submitted the issue to our Dev team for further investigation. If there is any update, we will inform you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Nancy
E-iceblue support team

nancy.yang

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Good Morning,

Is there an update about generating PDF/A-2A compliant PDF's?

cpuguru11

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:45 am

Hello,

Sorry there is no update yet. Actually, generating PDF/A-2A file is not supported by our Spire.PDF. Our Dev team haven't found a breakthrough since the new feature is too complex, we need more time to finish it. If it is available, I will notify you immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:15 am

Any news on this issue?
i wanted to use this as well and find it impossible to offer this feature if it doesn't work at all!

softecregistrierung

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:34 am

Dear Studach,

Sorry the new feature is not completed yet. It is rather complicated that our Dev team did some investigations but haven’t found a good way to achieve. Please spare us more time. If there is any significant progress, we will let you know immediately. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Since nothing happened since last December, here's my comment: Spire.PDF advertises to support PDF/A. But this is only partially true: In fact, it only supports the ancient PDF/A-1 specification from 2005. The ‘latest’ and most versatile standard is PDF/A-3 (from 2012, an extension of PDF/A-2), which today is implemented by most other commercial .NET PDF components supporting PDF/A - which also demonstrates that it indeed seems possible to cope with the complexity to develop this functionality. The lack of support for more up-to-date PDF/A specifications seems like a big gap in the current functionality of Spire.PDF, which I otherwise do like very much. Hopefully your dev team will decide to really go for this soon.

marsu

Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:15 am

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your posting.
Regarding creating PDF/A-2 files, we will strive to implement this feature as soon as possible. Please spare us more time. Once there is any good news, we will notify you immediately.
As for supporting PDF/A-3, we have added it as a new feature to our further upgrade list. If it can be achieved in the future, we will let you know.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks, Rachel. Whenever you have PDF/A-2 you almost should be there for PDF/A-3, since there are only are small changes as compared to PDF/A-2, such as additionally allowing embedded documents of any kind. Looking forward to it!

marsu

Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:09 am

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response.
I will inform you immediately when these features are implemented. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Stefan,

Hope you are doing well.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:6.10.4 that supports converting to PDF/A3, welcome to download it from the following links.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/6.10.4

Code example:
Code: Select all
PdfStandardsConverter newDOC = new PdfStandardsConverter(inputFile);
newDOC.ToPdfA1A(outputFile);
newDOC.ToPdfA1B(outputFile);
newDOC.ToPdfA2A(outputFile);
newDOC.ToPdfA2B(outputFile);
newDOC.ToPdfA3A(outputFile);
newDOC.ToPdfA3B(outputFile);

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the good news. I did a quick quick check by validating PDF/A-1b, PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b conversions of a PDF generated from the xps demo file xpsExport.xps (part of attached zip) with the PDF/A reference tool veraPDF. Unfortunately, none of the generated PDF/A docs were fully compliant, see the corresponding validation reports in the attached zip package. Hopefully the validation reports help you to locate and fix the remaining glitches. Thanks!

Here's the code:

Dim pdfDoc As New PdfDocument
pdfDoc.LoadFromXPS(My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.Desktop + "\xpsExport.xps")
pdfDoc.SaveToFile(My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.Desktop + "\spireTest.pdf")

Dim newDOC = New Conversion.PdfStandardsConverter(My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.Desktop + "\spireTest.pdf")
newDOC.ToPdfA1B(My.Computer.FileSystem.SpecialDirectories.Desktop + "\pdfA_Test_1b.pdf")

PS: Please also note how the circle in the rightmost chemical structure in the xps is not rendered correctly in the resulting PDF after conversion.

Stefan

marsu

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 am

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback.
Regarding the issue that the circle is not rendered correctly, I have reproduced it and logged in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-3702. If there is any update, we will let you know.
As for the PDF/A validating issue, I tested your case and indeed found that the generated PDF/A-1b file was not fully compliant, I have posted this issue to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREPDF-3704 for further investigation.
However, the generated PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b files successfully passed the verification, attached are my output and validation reports for your reference. To help us further look into this, please tell us your project target framework (e.g. .NET Framework 4.5), your OS information (e.g. Windows7, 64bit) and Region setting (e.g. China, Chinese). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:37 am

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your quick response. I can verify your findings when validating your PDFs with VeraPDF. This is really interesting. Here are my specifications:

* NET Framework 4.8
* Windows 10 (Version 2004), 64 Bit
* Memory: 16 GB
* Language: German (Switzerland)
* Decimal separator: "." (this is custom set, the default is "," for above regional setting)
* Thousands separator: " ' "

Please let me know is you need anything else.

EDIT:
We are getting closer! I switched my regional settings to English (US) and now PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b (without embedded files) also validate without error. - However, after converting the file 'orignal.pdf' (see attached zip) containing an embedded file and an annotation to PDF/A-3b, this causes some validation errors again also in this locale setting (see attached zip).

marsu

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:14 am

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback and providing more information.
I tested your case in our environment (Windows 10, German (Switzerland)) but the generated PDF/A-2b and PDF/A-3b files can still pass verification. Here I uploaded my .exe application, please run it directly and let us know your test result.

As for the new PDF file you provided, I indeed reproduced your issue and have posted it to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREPDF-3706 for further investigation. If there is any update, we will inform you.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.PDF