Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 am

Hi,

I've been testing your products before I decide to purchase, but I'm having problems converting .docx documents with charts in them.

I can load a .doc file with charts and successfully convert it to pdf and charts are visible in the pdf. I can't seem do the same with .docx files, the document converts correctly pdf otherwise, images, tables and text visible but the charts have simply disappeared.

I've tried opening the .docx from both MemoryStream and directly from file, saving both to memorystream and directly to file, but always get the same result. I've also tried opening the .docx file with all kinds of different formats, Auto, Docx2013, Docx2010, Docx, Doc.

I've tried creating a document with charts in LibreOffice, saving it as .docx and also a tried using Microsoft Word 2013. None of it seems to work.

I tried both Spire.Office for .Net versions 2.12.8 and 2.13

Could you clarify if this is a known issue or is there a way around this?

bjarkih

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.
Yes. It is a known issue. Sorry that we don't support to convert the charts in word document to pdf document at present.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any plans on fixing this? I would like to know if you think this issue will be fixed in a month or a year from now. This is currently the biggest issue for me at this current time.

I also see you don't support ODT conversion to PDF, any plans on adding that support?

bjarkih

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
We are on Chinese New Year Holiday from Feb 7, 2016 to Feb 13, 2016 (GMT+8:00). And we will work normally from Feb 14th.
And then I will check with our Dev team , update to you.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:40 am

Hi,

I have asked our dev team about the time lines for the features. ODT conversion to PDF may be supported within this year.
Sorry that we have no time line for chart conversion to PDF at present.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc