Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi,

I was testing this in the trial version but it didn't seem to work - or maybe it's a limitation of the trail version?

Code snippet:

wb = new Workbook();
wb.LoadFromStream(oldXlsStream)
wb.SaveToStream(newXlsxStream, FileFormat.Version2013);
FileStream fs = new FileStream("newXlsxFile.xlsx", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.ReadWrite);
bw = new BinaryWriter(fs);
bw.Write(newXlsxStream.ToArray());

The resulting is not recognized by Excel 2013 if I ttry to open it, but if I rename to xls it opens Ok.

Thanks,

Andy

flipperyfish

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 am

Hello,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
Thanks for your feedback.
There are no any limitations in the trial version except the warning message. Please provide the excel file you test for our testing, which will be helpful to reproduce the issue and work out the solution for you ASAP.
Please kindly note that please zip it before uploading here, or you could send it to our Email(support@e-iceblue.com).
Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue suppot team

Gary.zhang

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Gary,

Have emailed xls files to support.

Andy

flipperyfish

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your information.
I have reproduced the issue you mentioned, which has been posted to our Dev team, once there are any update, we will let you know. Sorry for inconvenience.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi,
I am using Spire.XLS trail version, to protect the Excel file with password. But not able to see the content after entering my password in Excel. It Showing "Error Message". Kindly find the attachment for error message. It occur only ".Xlsx" file format, not ".Xls" files, and my code details are below,

Spire.Xls.Workbook wb = new Spire.Xls.Workbook();
wb.LoadFromFile(Path.Combine(filePath, fileName));
wb.Protect("test");
wb.SaveToFile(Path.Combine(filePath, tempFileName));

Thanks,
Attachments
SpireXLS_Protect_Error.JPG
Error Message for Password Protect file.
SpireXLS_Protect_Error.JPG (77.04 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

Senthil_ma

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
After an initial test with the latest Spire.XLS Pack(Hotfix) Version:9.1.22, I didn't encounter the issue you mentioned. To help us do further investigations, please offer your input Excel and generated Excel. You could send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team

Nina.Tang

Return to Spire.XLS