Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Only the title left on the pdf when converting the attached doc to pdf. Even I saved the test word file as pdf and try to append to pdf. I got error when I try to open the merged pdf with pdf reader. It seems like the pages are messed up. The normal size word files works ok. Is this issue caused by the size of the document? as you can see this is not A4. How can we detect the page layout of the original word document? How to set the page layout on the pdf doc side to make sure the word document will be converted correctly?

Thanks!

LijuanWu_Spire

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:31 am

Dear LijuanWu_Spire,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The error which you met is not relate with setting the size of the document.
We are sorry that there is some elements in your word-document which we don't support at present, for example, shape, line, so some contents missing in the result pdf file.

Best wishes,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Another issue. My system is doing combine the data from DB and uploaded files and create a pdf. It works with some issues. One issue is one of the uploded file is a doc or docx file like the one I attached here. Then my code will convert it to pdf before appending to PDFDocument. But I need the page count to create bookmarks. The pdf was converted but the page count was not right. It equals to zero. So my bookmarks after that are all pointed to wrong place. I manually converted this word to pdf with MS word. The page count is correct. all the bookmarks are right. So does Spire has some property we can set before convert word document to pdf so the page number will be available when appending.

LijuanWu_Spire

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:49 am

Dear LijuanWu_Spire,

Thanks for your inquiry.

There is some difference of page layout, which is caused by the different unit, between pdf document and word document during doc to pdf, so the page count of the two document do not equal.
Also, we are not sure about "It equals to zero", Did you mean that the page count of the pdf document, which loads the pdf coverted from your word document, equals to zero. But we can get the page count which equals to 12.

Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm

All I'm getting an input string is not in correct format when I try to use the LoadFromFile method, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm using the document object in another pieace of code on the page, so not sure if that is doing something:

Function ConvertPDF(ByVal strFile As String, ByVal strFileName As String)
Dim document As Spire.Doc.Document = New Spire.Doc.Document()
Try
document.LoadFromFile("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\NReports\Reports\Reports\2275\MERGED_REPORT.docx", FileFormat.Docx)
'Convert Word to PDF
document.SaveToFile(strFileName + ".PDF", FileFormat.PDF)
Catch ex As Exception
Throw New Exception(ex.Message, ex.InnerException)
End Try

End Function

jtingres

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 am

Hi jtingres,

Thanks for choosing Spire.Doc.

Using the document object in another pieace of code on the page doesn't affect the format of the pdf file. At present, we can't reproduce the issue you talk about. Could you please offer your docx file to help us reproduce this problem? Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day!
BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Suvi.Wu wrote:Hi jtingres,

Thanks for choosing Spire.Doc.

Using the document object in another pieace of code on the page doesn't affect the format of the pdf file. At present, we can't reproduce the issue you talk about. Could you please offer your docx file to help us reproduce this problem? Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day!
BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

I've put the document in the discussion "Convert Byte to PDF and add to Response object". Please take a look. If you can't convert it or give me a response soon we'll have to look to another product.
Thanks,
JT

jtingres

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 am

Hi jtingres,

We are sorry that we don't support capital letter smaller font at present, we need some time to fix it because it is difficult. If you would like to wait for us, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Best regrads,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:35 pm

amy.zhao wrote:Hi jtingres,

We are sorry that we don't support capital letter smaller font at present, we need some time to fix it because it is difficult. If you would like to wait for us, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Best regrads,
Amy
e-iceblue support

How long will it take?

jtingres

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 am

Hi jtingres,

We will fix the bug next version of spire.doc, the version may be released next week, once it has been relaesed, we will infrom you immediately.

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 am

Hi jtingres,

Thanks for you waiting.
We have fixed the bug, please download Spire.Doc Pack (Hot Fix) Version:4.4.34 from http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-word-for-net-now.html.

Best regards,
Amy
e-iceblue support

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc