Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:36 am

Hello,

My company is considering using your Word Mail Merge product to generate formatted printouts for purchase orders (PO).

We have created the printout template in Word document and added in the various fields as placeholders of data to be mail merged from our database. The template is nested as we need to render data from both the purchase order and the purchase order items level (in a table format).

We have some queries on some of our requirements and whether we can achieve it using your product.

There are some rendering logic that we want to have within the printout, for e.g. color, text type/size, visibility of text based on the value of some fields.

For e.g.,

· if the total amount of the PO is greater than $5000, we want to display an additional clause in the printout.

· If there is special field that has value, we want to print it out in strikeout format.

· In the PO item table, base on certain conditions, we want to hide certain columns or rows.

bengtiong

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:14 am

Hi bengtiong,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Our products can meet your requirements. But we recommend you use our Spire.Office which would be easier than using Spire.Doc. Our technical support will send you a demo tomorrow which can solve all the issues you mentioned in the forum.

Please feel free to contact us for anything at any time. Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

Hello bengtiong,

Sorry for late reply.

I attached a simple demo which achieved a part of your requirements. Please have a try.

Have a nice day.
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:21 am

I am having a similar problem that I am hoping that Spire.Doc will help me address. I have created a Word template that has some conditional formatting and bookmarks and when I run it through Word with the attached XLS dataset the desired results are produced. When I run it through Spire.Doc it appears to skip over the conditional statements in my template. I am doing something incorrect? My users need to be able to upload new templates on the fly, with different logic/conditional processing, so I don't have the luxury of being able to do this through code.

Thanks - Ken

swiftk77

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:42 am

Hello swiftk,

Sorry for late reply and thank you for your patience.

Sorry for that I am not very clear where the conditional formatting in your doc file. Would you please send the original document template to help us reproduce your scenario?

Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.Doc