Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu May 12, 2022 3:03 pm

I need to be able to use Spire.PDF to compare/contrast PDF documents page by page and give a resulting PDF of just the differences between the two documents.
Is this something Spire.PDF can handle? I see where you have text extraction but we do not have Spire.DOC license so converting and comparing is not an option for us, but I need to have a final PDF that is based on the original PDF with highlighted area's of change, so PDF1 is source, PDF2 is to compare to, generate PDF3 from a copy of PDF1 highlighting the changes.

JonathanWood

Fri May 13, 2022 6:18 am

Hello,

I'm sorry that Spire.PDF does not currently support document comparison. As you mentioned, only Spire.Doc provides document comparison (similar to Microsoft Word's document comparison).
Additionally, this comparison process compares various formats, spacing, fonts, colors, and more, but not all of these styles are fully included in the PDF document. Therefore, even if you convert the PDF to DOC first and then compare the documents, it is difficult to get accurate results.
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF