Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue May 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Hi,

I am currently using Spire.XLS in my WPF project and I read data from an Excel file (.xlsx) that has comments. I can see the comments have text in them, but when I read the information from the cell it's always empty. I check the flag XlsRange.HasComment, if it's true I access the Comment property and check in ExcelComment.Text or ExcelComment.RichText.Text and they are always empty. I am sure that there is content in them as i can read it when I open the file in Excel.

Do you have any idea what can cause this ? Is there any known workaround for this issue ?

Thank you

Ali

abensaid

Tue May 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi,

I forgot to mention that I can also see the list of Comments in the Worksheet itself. All the comments are there but their Text property is still empty.

Ali

abensaid

Wed May 27, 2020 2:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I did an initial test with the latest Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:5.5.1 but didn't encounter the issue you mentioned. If you are using an older version, I suggest you try again with the latest version.
If the issue persists, to help us further investigate it, please provide us with your test code and your input file. You could send them to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed May 27, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have downloaded the latest version of the library and I still have the same issue.
I sent you an email with the code and a test file.

Ali

abensaid

Thu May 28, 2020 2:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I tested the file you provided and indeed noticed the issue you mentioned. However, I tried to open you file in Microsoft Excel 2013 and found the comments were displayed as shown in the attached picture “MSExcel2013.png”, it seems that Microsoft Excel 2013 doesn’t support this kind of comment. Then I opened your file in Microsoft Excel 365, and found the comments were displayed normally, see the attached picture “MSExcel365.png”. You should be using Office 365, right?

In fact, our Spire.XLS is mainly based on Microsoft Excel 2010, it may not support the new features of Office 365 very well. Anyway, I have posted this issue to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREXLS-2379 for further investigation. If there is any update, we will inform you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team
Attachments
MSExcel2013.png
MSExcel2013.png (138.1 KiB) Viewed 925 times
MSExcel365.png
MSExcel365.png (13.41 KiB) Viewed 925 times

rachel.lei

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
The issue of SPIREXLS-2379 is now resolved, please download the newly released Spire.Office Platinum(Hotfix) Version:5.7.3 from the following links and test.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Office/5.7.3

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:34 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.
Has your issue been resolved? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.XLS