Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am

Hi,

I have this issue when I print an existing PDF file where I have selected some combobox values.
The function:
- The existing form is loaded
- Looks for an field of the type PdfCheckBoxWidgetFieldWidget
- Catches the name of the field
- Selects the value on the field
- Exports the file in the browser

After exporting the PDF, where I have selected a value in the combobox, I see the selected value in the combobox.
But when I try to print the file with Adobe Reader the preview of the to-be printed page shows a blank value in the combobox that I selected a value.
Also when the printing is completed the combobox is also blank, as the preview showed.

abh55

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:12 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. This is Amber from E-iceblue support team.
After an initial investigation, I couldn’t reproduce your issue. I’m afraid it’s difficult to locate the reason of your issue if we don’t reproduce it on our side.
To help us investigate your issue accurately, please offer us following information.
1. Your input and exported file
2. The code you were using for reproducing your issue
3. The print result
You could upload them here or send us via email(support@e-iceblue.com).

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for your information via email.
I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug tracking system. Once there is any progress, we will inform you.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:32 am

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.
After further investigation, we found you need to set the font while filling the comboBox field, so that the combobox field won’t be blank in the process of printing or printing preview with Adobe Reader. Below is the code for your reference.

Code: Select all
PdfTrueTypeFont font= new PdfTrueTypeFont(new Font("Arial",12),true);
cmbBx.Font = font;
cmbBx.SelectedIndex = items;

Best wishes,
Amber
E-iceblue support team

Amber.Gu

Return to Spire.PDF