Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:18 pm

I am currently using Spire.PDF 3.8.193 to combine multiple PDF's and have run into an issue trying to view the combined file on a Blackberry.

I have tried a few different way to combine the files with the outcome always the same, when you open the document on the Blackberry the first document that was added is displayed and all other documents are displayed as grey pages.

The document opens fine on the PC and an iPhone (Haven't tried it anywhere else) and the individual PDF's all open fine on the Blackberry.

I thought it might be a versioning issue and have tried setting the document version to different versions but that didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated as the Blackberry is our primary phone and we need to be able to view the combined files on it.

Thanks

andyg

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:19 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please kindly note that our Spire.pdf is Adobe standard-based, if the result pdf can be opened on Adobe Reader, it is a correct one. Concerning the Blackberry case, we have no such mobile device for testing so I hope you can provide more detailed info:
1. The Pdf that can reproduce this error.
2.Which pdf reader is used in that device.

Thanks and Regards,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi,

It appears to be an issue with Adobe Reader on the Blackberry (Version 10.4.4.5) I'll have to look for another application to view the combined documents with.

I've attached two files for you, the first one causes an error when attempting to open it on the Blackberry and the second one only shows the first 8 pages, the last two pages are blank.

If you don't have a blackberry then you will not see the problem.

Thanks

andyg

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:20 am

Hello Andy,

Thanks for sharing the document.
Without the device on my side, it seems difficult to see the issue. First, I suggest you change the pdf source files to see if the same problem occurs. What's more, take another pdf reader to have a try. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:02 am

Hello andy,

How is the issue now? Is there any progress with it? Your feedback information will be greatly appraciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Return to Spire.PDF