Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:30 pm

Does Spire.Doc support the following requirement? Combine revisions/comments from multiple authors into a single document, like MS Word does Review Tab > Compare > Combine?

clemson2fan

Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:46 pm

I have two Word Documents combining the comments/revisions into one using the code below. However, if someone comments on a comment/revision the API is separating it into two separate comments/revisions.

Code: Select all
            Document doc1 = new Document("C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\original.docx");

//Load the other Word document
            Document doc2 = new Document("C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\revised.docx");

//Compare two documents
            doc1.Compare(doc2, "John");

//Save the differences in a third document
            doc1.SaveToFile("Differences.docx", FileFormat.Docx2013);
            doc1.Dispose();

clemson2fan

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
According to the code you provided, you are using the function of comparing word document instead of the function of combining word document.
For the function of combining word document, Spire.Doc currently doesn’t support it, however, I have logged it as a new function into our product updating system with the ticket number SPIREDOC-7068. Our development team will achieve it. Once it is achieved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.Doc