Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello

In the use case i am working with, it is common to want to edit the powerpoint charts after they have been exported from code.

The issue is that after spire presentation has touched a chart, the data area is no longer easily changed.

Normal powerpoint, which has not been edited with spire:

After having been edited with spire:

In the first image, we can see a blue boundary, which can be dragged, to easily change the area which the chart should take data from.

In the second image, where we have edited the chart from spire, this blue box is now gone.
It is still possible to change the data area as described here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-the-data-in-an-existing-chart-539c9840-7412-4da3-ab06-fcf318e996df

This is however much more cumbersome to use, and I doubt many of our users know of this way to do it.

How can I make it so the blue data area box is still there, efter editing a pptx file through spire?

Archigo

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:39 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. After an initial test with the latest hotfix(Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:2.8.35), the issue didn't occur on my side, could you please share your detailed codes and document for investigation further on our side?

Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:45 am

Here is a test project. You will need to add a reference spire.

When running the project, select template.pptx, and you will get what is in Result.pptx.

In template.pptx, there is the blue box when opening the chart data, while in result.pptx, there is not.

Archigo

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:06 am

Hello,

Thanks for your shared information. The blue boundary you see is actually a table that contains the chart data. And I have noticed the issue you mentioned and logged it into our bug system, once it is resolved, or we have some other update, we will let you know ASAP.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:53 am

It would seem that this is not an issue in powerpoint 2016.

It is however still an issue in powerpoint 2010.

Archigo

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 am

Hello,

Thanks for your update. The issue has get resolved, when the hotfix is available, we will let you know ASAP.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:31 am

Hello,

Now the hotfix(Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:2.8.59) is available, in which the issue has get resolved.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Presentation