Spire.OfficeViewer for .NET as a powerful Office Viewer component, is designed for developers to load Word, Excel, Presentation slides and PDF files and view them from Windows Forms Applications.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:05 am

Dear Sirs and Madames,

I just wanted to use the Spire Office Viewer, because according to your website it can display all common documents.

However, this does not work with PDF files. Word documents are displayed without problems with PDF documents, the viewer loads itself to death

I actually wanted to avoid using DocViewer and PDFViewer alternately if there is a viewer that can display everything, but apparently it doesn't

Is there any solution to this?

Best wishes

hammes_it

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:22 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I created a simple project with the latest Spire.Office Platinum Version:5.3.1 and then tested multiple PDF documents, but didn't reproduce your issue. If you are using an old version, please try again with the latest version.
If the issue still occurs after trying, please provide your PDF document that could reproduce your issue for further investigation. You could send it to us(support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:36 am

Hi there,

Thank you for the fast answer.

I get the Spire.Office package via NuGet in Visual Studio (v 5.3.1).

I have once again created a simple PDF. This will open but be displayed without text. And as I said with another one, it doesn't even open. I can only provide one of the two files for privacy reasons.

When I use the Spire.PDF.Viewer everything works without problems.

But since I process different files, it would be necessary that I can use a viewer and not have to switch between 2.

Thanks and best regards

hammes_it

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your more information.
I tested the file you provide via email, but still didn't reproduce your issue. This is my testing project, please directly run it on your side and let us know your testing result. Meanwhile, you could also try loading other files.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/demo/21008Demo.zip

If there is still any question or your project is different from mine, please provide the files that didn't load properly and your runnable project for further investigation. Don’t worry, we promise to keep your document confidential and we will not use it for any other purpose. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Return to Spire.OfficeViewer