Spire.Email for .NET is a professional .NET Email library specially designed for developers to create, read and manipulate emails from any .NET (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET) platform with fast and high quality performance.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:15 pm

Hi there,

I tried using the solution provided and I am still getting file name as 'ATT00001.rfc822'. Can you please reopen this ticket and can we see if we can resolve the issue this time?

a_shinde

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi there,

I tried using the solution provided and I am still getting file name as 'ATT00001.rfc822'. Can you please reopen this ticket and can we see if we can resolve the issue this time?

Regards

a_shinde

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

As I mentioned before, our Spire.Email reads the name of the attachment according to the specific file, and this error you encountered is mostly related to the data in the file, your file is very important for us to investigate your issue. Please provide us with your input email file and the following information to help us reproduce your issue quickly and efficiently, you can also send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance!

1. Your target framework (E.g. .Net framework 4.6.1)
2. Your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit)
3. Your region setting (E.g. China, Chinese)
4. Your project type (E.g. console app)

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi Marcia,

You asked for the file. Its a blank email file with subject as "Test". There is no email body in it. For security reasons I cannot attach it but its just a plain empty email from outlook.

Rest of the answers are as below:

1. Your target framework 4.6.1
2. Your system information Windows 10
3. Your region setting USA
4. Your project type : I used the SpireEmailApp given by you and my own app which is a console app. Got the same issue in both.

Please let me know.

a_shinde

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:43 am

Hello,

Did you change the MailMessage mail = MailMessage.Load("Simple Test.msg"); to your own file? If you run the project directly, and it was no problem, but the issue came after you changed the input file. I am afraid that only your file can help us reproduce the issue.

We promise to keep your documents confidential, and we will not use it for any other purpose. Also, you could remove the security data of your email message as long as the modified files could reproduce your issue. You can send it to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Hope you can understand.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:04 pm

I cannot use MailMessage.Load function since I am retrieving message directly from an inbox of email account.
This is what I am using

ImapClient imap = new ImapClient();
//Connect to the server
imapClient.Connect();
imap.Select("Inbox");
message = imap.GetFullMessage();

a_shinde

Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:17 am

Hello,

Okay, please use message.Save(fileName, MailMessageFormat.Msg); or chose the mail -> File-> Save as to save the mail from your account to your computer, and then provide us with the mail which can help us reproduce your issue. We promise to keep your documents confidential, and we will not use it for any other purpose. Thanks for your cooperation.
saveas.png

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.Email