Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:38 pm

Hi Team,

I have following html that I converted to word document
<ol type="a">
<li>Coffee</li>
<li>Tea</li>
<li>Milk</li>
</ol>

When I then convert the document generated back to html, I get following html. Now I understand that Spire doc tries it's best to convert document to html but this bullet listing, it is completely changing from a list (ordered or unordered) and it is no longer a list but rather like writing 1. Coffee 2. Tea etc..
<div class=\"Section0\">
<p class=\"Normal\"
style=\"page-break-inside:auto;page-break-after:auto;page-break-before:auto;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;margin-left:36pt;text-indent:-18pt;border-top-style:
none;border-left-style: none;border-right-style: none;border-bottom-style: none;\">
<span
style=\"font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'Times New
Roman';lang:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:UK-UA;mso-ansi-language:AR-SA;font-family:'times new
roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'times new roman';mso-bidi-font-family:'times new roman';\">a.</span><span
style=\"font-size:0.58em;font-family:'Times New
Roman';\">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span style=\"font-size:8pt;font-family:'times
new roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'times new roman';mso-bidi-font-family:'times new
roman';lang:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:UK-UA;mso-ansi-language:AR-SA;\">
Coffee
</span>
</p>\r\n
<p class=\"Normal\"
style=\"page-break-inside:auto;page-break-after:auto;page-break-before:auto;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;margin-left:36pt;text-indent:-18pt;border-top-style:
none;border-left-style: none;border-right-style: none;border-bottom-style: none;\">
<span
style=\"font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'Times New
Roman';lang:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:UK-UA;mso-ansi-language:AR-SA;font-family:'times new
roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'times new roman';mso-bidi-font-family:'times new roman';\">b.</span><span
Roman';\">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><span style=\"font-size:8pt;font-family:'times
new roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'times new roman';mso-bidi-font-family:'times new
Tea
</span>
</p>\r\n
<p class=\"Normal\"
style=\"page-break-inside:auto;page-break-after:auto;page-break-before:auto;margin-top:0pt;margin-left:36pt;text-indent:-18pt;border-top-style:
<span
roman';mso-fareast-font-family:'times new roman';mso-bidi-font-family:'times new roman';\">c.</span><span
Milk
</span>
</p>\r\n
</div>

If I display this converted html into a rich text editor then it completely changes its meaning. We are also facing issues with comparing original html to the html that is converted from document. Do you have any suggestions so that the html for bullets does not change.

jalpaashara

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:41 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Sorry, we are currently unable to do this. I have recorded your thoughts with the ticket SPIREDOC-8416. If we make adjustments to this in the future, I will keep you informed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Andy
E-iceblue support team

Andy.Zhou

Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 am

Hi Team,

Is there any update on this.

Thank you!

jalpaashara

Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for following up.
I am sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Our Dev team need to do more investigations for this new feature. Anyway, I have urged them again. Once there is any update, we will let you know immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:58 pm

Hi,

Is there any update on this?

Thank you,
Jalpa

jalpaashara

Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:44 am

Hello,

Thank you for following up.
Sorry that there is no update at present. Actually, this is a new feature for our Spire.Doc. It needs to adjust current internal processing mechanism. Our Dev team need more time to implement it. Thanks for your understanding. Anyway, we will keep you informed about any progress of the issue.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:09 pm

Is there any update on this, is it going to be prioritized anytime soon?

jalpaashara

Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:11 am

Hello,

Thank you for following up. I am sorry to tell that there is no significant progress so far. Our dev team would keep looking into it. Once there’s any update, I will let you know.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc