Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:34 am

Dear E-Iceblue,

Please help how to make this box shadow work in PDF generation. We used Qt plugin to convert html to pdf. In repro.zip:

+ test.html with styled element
+ shadow-preview-html.png: show how it display in browser, we also tested with Qt browser.
+ shadow-preview-pdf.png: show how it display in PDF. This already works when we used free component Tuespechkin also use Qt.

hecWorkwear

Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:42 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting.
I did notice the box shadow effect didn't work in generated PDF. This issue has been posted to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREPDF-3178 for further investigations and fixing. If there is any update, we will keep you informed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 am

Hi Lisa,

Do you have any update on this issue? We got some critical deadline with it.

hecWorkwear

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:14 am

Hello,

Thank you for following up.
I got the news from our Dev team that this issue has been resolved when using the updated plugin. Please download it to have a test. Here I also uploaded my testing program for your better reference. If there is any question, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:52 am

Hi, thanks you . it resolved.

hecWorkwear

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:03 am

Hello,

Glad to hear that! If you encounter any issue related to our products in the future, just feel free to contact us. Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:56 am

Hi Lisa,
i used your new plugin that you send to me. But 2 processes (Html2Pdf and Qt Qtwe......) are not destroy when system generated pdf. My server was overload. We need close them when done.
plz see attach file. thanks

hecWorkwear

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I tested your previous file("test.html"), but didn't reproduce the issue. Here is my simple testing program. Please directly run it on your side. If your issue still exists, please share us with your system information (E.g. Win7, 64 bit, RAM:8GB) and region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) to help further look into it.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am

Hi Lisa,
we have a big problem,
when we run spire with plugin on server. we receive result after 30 second with every turn call (Spire.Pdf.HtmlConverter.Qt.HtmlConverter.Convert()). Big pdf file or small pdf file are same time (30 seconds). I don't know reason. can you suggest anything ?
i tried with PdfSharp tool on same environment and same source html (input). it need only 1 second.
i also tried on window server 2008, it run around 1 second.
it has problem when i run on window server 2012.

i also used code :
PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
PdfPageSettings setting = new PdfPageSettings();
setting.Size = new SizeF(1000,1000);
setting.Margins = new Spire.Pdf.Graphics.PdfMargins(20);
PdfHtmlLayoutFormat htmlLayoutFormat = new PdfHtmlLayoutFormat();
htmlLayoutFormat.IsWaiting = true;
doc.LoadFromHTML(htmlPath, false, false, false, setting, htmlLayoutFormat);

doc.SaveToFile(desPath);
result is same (time run 30 second).

plz support me soon. Thanks all

hecWorkwear

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I did an initial test on Windows Server 2012, but did not reproduce your issue. To help us investigate your issue more accurately and quickly, please provide us with your HTML file/URL. You could send it to us (support@e-iceblue.com) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 am

Hi, thanks for reps
we used 2012 r2 in vmware. Maybe , it is litter difference . Source html is very small.
string input = @"<strong>This is a test for converting HTML string to PDF </strong>
<ul><li>Spire.PDF supports to convert HTML in URL into PDF</li>
<li>Spire.PDF supports to convert HTML string into PDF</li>
<li>With the new plugin</li></ul>";

as i talked , any html files (small file or big file) are same. them need 30 second (anything html file) .
all files need 30 second.
we are finding reason.
we saw in DLL :
// Summary:
// Convert an html page to a pdf file. The Qt html engine plugin is required.
// During conversion, JavaScript is enabled, default timeout is 30 seconds.
// The page size of output pdf file is A4 and margin is 90 (left-right) and
// 72 (top-bottom).
//
// Parameters:
// url:
// Url address of the html page.
//
// stream:
// The output pdf Stream.

Thanks your teams

hecWorkwear

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:14 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
Regarding the parameter "timeout" of the "Spire.Pdf.HtmlConverter.Qt.HtmlConverter.Convert()" method, what is the value you set?

Based on the HTML code you provided, I set the timeout to "100 * 1000" and tested it on Windows Server 2012 R2 (also in vmware), but still did not reproduce your issue. Here is my test project, please run it directly on your side to see if the issue still occurs.

Besides, if your project or settings are quite different from mine, please share your runnable project with us for further investigation. You could upload it to the DorpBox or OneDirve and then share the download link with us. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:04 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
How is your issue now? Could you please give us some feedback at your convenience?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 pm

I also see a 30 second delay on convert - but only on 2 servers - not in the development environment.
My license is for 6.9 (with updates) - but using 7.3.3. or 7.4.13
Timeout set to 10 seconds - but getting just above 30 seconds "delay"

hizebob22

Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:19 am

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your feedback.
To help us investigate and solve your problem more quickly and accurately, please provide your input document, test code and information of the two servers such as Winserver2012. Besides, I didn't find your purchase information according to your email, could you please provide your order information or authorization email? You could attach the required information here or send to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF