Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 18, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi there

I have an excel spreadsheet report which contains a Box and Whisker graph. I am using the SpireXLS for Java WorkBook.saveToStream() method to save the report. When saved as excel the Box and Whisker graph is correctly rendered in the report. When saved as PDF the Box and Whisker graph does NOT render correctly - it shows a sort of bar graph instead.

Development Stack:
Java 8
Tomcat 8
SpireXLS for Java v5.5.0
Windows 10

We have an OEM Developer License, the support for which is valid till 29th June 2022. A colleague of mine raised a ticket for this issue on the 10th November 2021 - SPIREXLS-3524 - but we still have not received a fix for this issue! I am raising another ticket so that I have direct communication with you and can push this forward. We have a number of reports which have a Box and Whisker graph in them and are unable to provide these reports to our customers until we get this fix from E-Iceblue. This is a major issue for us and require a fix urgently please.
Attachments
BoxAndWhiskerGraph.zip
(47.96 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

karenv_datacom

Thu May 19, 2022 10:28 am

Hi,

Sorry for our delay progress on the new charts in MS Excel 2016. Our developers are striving to add all the newly added types of Excel 2016 charts.
Now we have completed some types. We will release a new version when all types are completed.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Thu May 19, 2022 10:36 pm

Hi Kylie
Thanks for your reply.
Can you please give an indication of when you plan to release the functionality with support for Box and Whisker graphs?
Thanks

karenv_datacom

Fri May 20, 2022 8:50 am

Hello,

We plan to release a new version in about 2 months.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 am

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.
We are pleased to inform you that we have released a new version that addresses your SPIREXLS-3524 problem. Please download the new version from the link below.
Download from Website: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/xls-for-java.html
If you downloaded from the Maven repository, please change the pom setting to:
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>com.e-iceblue</id>
<url>https://repo.e-iceblue.com/repository/maven-public/</url>
</repository>
</repositories>

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId> e-iceblue </groupId>
<artifactId>spire.xls</artifactId>