Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:32 pm

I got a generated PDF with bookmarks.
Saving this document gives the document 1054618486_default.pdf. clicking on a bookmark moves the given page.
Converting it to PDF/A give the document 1054618486_PDFA.pdf. After conversion, the bookmarks are no more working.

Is this an error, or the normal reaction of a PDF/A ?

the conversion code is the following :

Code: Select all
// convert to inputstream
ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
ByteArrayInputStream bais = null;
document.saveToStream(baos);
document.close();
bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(baos.toByteArray());

// Convert to PdfA1A
PdfStandardsConverter converter = new PdfStandardsConverter(bais);
converter.toPdfA1A(outputName);

bais.close();
baos.close();

We use the latest Java version of Office Spire (as we just bought the library), on a windows NT (test) machine, with a European region setting (France).

Regards
Guillaume PATRY

GuiPATRY

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:26 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I tested your input PDF file and did reproduce the issue you mentioned. I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-4906. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Besides, I didn't find your purchase information according to your email, could you please provide your order information or authorization email? You could attach the required information here or send to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Mon May 02, 2022 1:36 pm

Hello
Any news on this ?

Thanks in advance
Guillaume

GuiPATRY

Tue May 03, 2022 1:12 am

Hello,

Thanks for following up.
I am sorry that issue SPIREPDF-4906 has not been fully resolved due to the complexity of the problem. In addition, we have a Labor Day holiday from April 30th to May 4th. So once back in the office, I will urge our development team to fix this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused again.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:31 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Office for Java Version:7.6.4, which fixes the issue of SPIREPDF-4906. Please download the new version to test.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:00 pm

The modification seems to be working

HOWEVER the licence key is no more taken into account, which is a big problem !
Please see the attachment (same code, only the java library is different)

Thanks

GuiPATRY

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
According to the information you provided, this warning message is caused by the version of Spire.Office being too high. I have asked our sales department to send you a new license at jane.bruneel@lionresources.com, please check it.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Return to Spire.PDF