Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:51 am

Hello!

Didn't know where to post this question but; we have recently bought Spire.Office for 10 developers and now we want to include the key in the project so that everyone in our develope team can use it. I started out first with a trial key from you, and when I used that one, I just used the command License.LicensProvider.SetLicenseKey("key"). Is there a way to include the key in the project somehow in Visual Studio, so that you don't have to call the LicenseProvider from within the code?

Best regards,

Elin

elinarctic

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:20 am

Hello Elin,

Thanks for choosing our product.
We have two ways(How to Include the License File as an Embedded Resource (.NET) and How to Apply the License by license key) to apply the license file. The command License.LicensProvider.SetLicenseKey("key") refers to How to Apply the License by license key way.
We suggest that ASP.NET application uses the license key way as sometimes it could not read the license file because of lack of permission or other reason. But you can use the license file way (How to Include the License File as an Embedded Resource (.NET)) if it works on your side.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:46 am

Great, that works so thank you!

I have another follow up question; Is it possible to do something likely with the DLL's as well? (To make them as an embedded resource or something like that). Because everytime we build our project and make a new production copy, the DLL's doesnt seem to be copied with the new version (the program shows an error popup saying it can't find the correct version of for example Spire.PDF).

Best,

Elin

elinarctic

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:06 am

Hello Elin,

Thank you for your feedback.
Do you set Copy Local of Spire Dlls reference properties to True?
ReferenceProperties.png

If the issue still exists after setting the property, please provide your sample project to help me reproduce and investigate it.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am

Yes, they have Copy Local = True and they are copied to our bin/debug folder. Is it possible to combine them with the .exe file? (so that everything is available within the .exe file)

Best,

Elin

elinarctic

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 am

Hello Elin,

I am sorry that we cannot combine them with the .exe file.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:43 am

Okay, thank you for letting me know :)

/ Elin

elinarctic

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:55 am

Dear Elin,

You are welcome.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.PDF