Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:22 pm

We created a shipping barcode. Barcode was saved to a file. (attachment 549label.JPG). Barcodescanner correctly reads tracking number. I printed out the barcode and took a picture with a webcam, and cropped the pic using jquery.webcam, and sdaved to a file.

The second attached file, is the saved webcam pic of the shipping label. When I execute Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(sPath2 & "WebcamPicOfLabel.jpg", False), the result is the number 6.

549label.JPG
Dim data4 As String() = Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(sPath2 & "549label.JPG", False)

jduffy

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The barcodes in the second attached file are blurry. Please use the clear barcode image to do the scanning.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Choosing what file to use is not an option. I provided the 2 examples because one was able to be read and one was not and it was the same barcode.

We want our receiving department to take a webcam picture of inventory when it arrives. The goal was to include picture of tracking number in webcam picture. Have BarCodeScanner.Scan read the tracking number.

If webcam pictures are going to be too blurry to read tracking number, we will need to rethink this.

do you have any suggestions for using webcam to take picture and having BarCodeScanner.Scan read barcode?

I saw somewhere of taking a webcam picture and displaying in a pictureBox (windows forms), BarCodeScanner.Scan was able to read barcode in pictureBox. What container do you think would work best for this in web forms?

jduffy

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Our Spire.Barcode is able to identify the barcode as long as it is clear enough. If the barcode is blurry, it is very difficult to identify its information. I also tried other tools to scan your barcodes in webcam picture, they also cannot read them.
In web forms, you can use Image control to display your barcode image.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.BarCode