Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 am

I have the following VB .Net code:
Code: Select all
                                Case "MICROQR"
                                    strData = Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(strImageFile, BarCodeType.MicroQR)

When I run this against a POD Image there is not response from the Scan. At one stage I waited 30 minutes and did not get a reply.

One of our clients is experiencing this problem about four or five times a month.
The image file is attached.

g.notles1

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am

I forgot to mention that this client is scanning more than 2,000 documents a month and this problem is occurring with only 4 or 5 of the documents. All the other documents get the barcode value correctly.

g.notles1

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Kindly note that the barcode in your image file is a QR code, not a MicroQR code. If you specify to scan a MicroQR code, the program will not recognize it and took lots of time.

Here are two methods to improve the speed of scanning:

First, do not specify the code type. I test Dim strData = Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(strImageFile) to scan with the latest version of Spire.Barcode version 6.1.0, and it takes 30 seconds to scan the data.

Or you can specify the code type to QR with Dim strData = Spire.Barcode.BarcodeScanner.Scan(strImageFile, BarCodeType.QRCode). It only takes less than one second to scan the data with the latest version.

Also, you can refer to the following code to analyze the type and data of the Barcode.
Code: Select all
        Dim strImageFile = "E:\testdoc\samplefiles\samplefiles\Page0\Page0.jpg"
        Dim info = BarcodeScanner.ScanInfo(strImageFile)
        For i As Integer = 0 To info.Length - 1
            Console.WriteLine("data:" + info(i).DataString + "  Type:" + info(i).BarCodeReadType.ToString())
        Next

Type&Data.png

If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 am

Thank you for the feedback Marcia.

Am I missing an upgrade to the latest version?

The scaninfo method is not available in the version I have.

Dim strImageFile = "E:\testdoc\samplefiles\samplefiles\Page0\Page0.jpg"
Dim info = BarcodeScanner.ScanInfo(strImageFile)
For i As Integer = 0 To info.Length - 1
Console.WriteLine("data:" + info(i).DataString + " Type:" + info(i).BarCodeReadType.ToString())
Next

I have version 4.5.1.11046 installed.

Regards
Grant

g.notles1

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, the method of "BarcodeScanner.ScanInfo(strImageFile)" is included in the Spire.Barcode for NET version 5.7.1 and higher. If you want to use this method, please update your package. Hope you can understand.

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:06 am

Thank you for being so helpful, Marcia,
I have upgraded to the latest release version. With a few code tweaks, I have handled all the barcode types we anticipate that our client base will use.
Regards
Grant

g.notles1

Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:29 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

Glad to hear that the latest version helped you.

If you encounter any issues related to our product in the future, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Marcia
E-iceblue support team

Marcia.Zhou

Return to Spire.BarCode