Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:34 am

As I could understand Aztec code is not supported in either Free or Trial version, only paid one.
Am I right?

jalle007

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:04 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kindly note that the Aztec code is only supported in commercial Spire.Barcode. Please download the commercial Spire.Barcode from the below link.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-barcode-for-net.html
To help you evaluate our Spire.Barcode better, our sale team have sent you a one-month temporary license via email, please check it.
Sincerely,
Mike
E-iceblue support team

Mike.Zhang

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 am

Hi,

Greeting from e-iceblue.
Has your issue been fixed with commercial Spire.Barcode? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
Mike
E-iceblue support team

Mike.Zhang

Sat May 02, 2020 10:41 am

HI I have used the link provided to download barcode for .NET and have also obtained a tempoarary evaluation license, which I have included in the sample projects as an embedded resource. But I am still unable to generate a 2D Aztec code for the data I specify, which the barcode always encoding "12345". I cannot evaluate your product for Aztec barcode creation if I cannot use it

marcuscripps

Mon May 04, 2020 2:02 am

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply as weekend.
I tested the below code with the latest Spire.BarCode for .NET Version:4.1, but didn't reproduce your issue, attached is my output. If you are using an older version, please try again with the latest version.
Code: Select all
    BarcodeSettings bs = new BarcodeSettings();
    bs.Type = BarCodeType.Aztec;
    bs.Data = "45678";
    bs.Data2D = "45678";
    BarCodeGenerator bg = new BarCodeGenerator(bs);
    bg.GenerateImage().Save("AztecCode.png");

If there is still any question, please get back to us.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon May 04, 2020 7:11 am

Hi Rachel

I downloaded using the link below so am definitely using the latest version. Whilst I can see you are able to generate the barcode, I believe my problem is with the temporary license provided, which should "unlock" the Aztec barcode functionality - mine doesn't but yours clearly does.
For example, if I run the BarcodeSettingsAndScan project in the download, you can see this in the screenshot below, where I specified the data, R0000007019324, to be encoded as an Aztec barcode.
R0000007019324 Aztec.png

Whilst your software has printed R0000007019324 above the barcode, the barcode itself is still encoding 12345.
This is despite following the instructions on your website on how to embed the supplied temporary license file into the Visual Studio project to access the Aztec functionality. The screenshot below shows that I have followed the instructions on how to embed the license file:
embedded license.png

marcuscripps

Mon May 04, 2020 7:54 am

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your feedback.
Actually, I didn’t apply any license when testing. You can see that there is an evaluation warning message at the top of the picture I provided. If a valid license is applied, the evaluation warning message will be removed.
I checked the code of the BarcodeSettingsAndScan project and found that this issue is caused by not setting the "Data2D" property. Please refer to the following code to modify the “BarcodeDataSetting” method in the project.
Code: Select all
private void BarcodeDataSetting()
{
    if (this.txtBarcodeData.Text.Length > 0)
    {
        bs.Data = this.txtBarcodeData.Text;
        string barcodeType = this.lbBarcodeType.SelectedItem.ToString();
        //2D barcode
        if (barcodeType == "Aztec" || barcodeType == "QRCode" || barcodeType == "DataMatrix" || barcodeType == "Pdf417Macro" || barcodeType == "Pdf417")
        {
            bs.Data2D = this.txtBarcodeData.Text;
        }
    }
    else
    {
        bs.Data = "12345";
    }
}

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team