Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:38 am

I have a web application written in old asp.net 2.0. I'd like to try Spire libriares, but when I uploaded dll files into bin folder application is down. The dll's are from the latest version 11.10.5, BIN -> NET2.0, I uploaded all 6 files. I get strange error from MasterPage which have no sense:
MasterPage.master.vb(7): error ASPNET: Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class

To make it running I just delete bin folder and uploaded bin with all dll's from backup.
So, does anybody knows how to run spire on asp.net 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

jeremy_5

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting.
I used .NET2.0 dlls of the latest Spire.Xls 11.10.5 to test on the asp.net 2.0 application. But I didn't encounter your issue. Here is my testing project. Please check and run it directly. If the issue only occurs in your application. Please share your runnable application with us for further investigation. You can attach it here or send it to us via email(support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks for your answer.
In your project, there's no reference to dll in web.config. Not needed? Copying dll files into bin folder and it's ready to use?

jeremy_5

Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:41 pm

My mistake in description - it's not web application, it's website made in ASP.NET 2.0. Those dll files are compatible?

jeremy_5

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:33 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I created a website in ASP.NET 2.0, but still didn't reproduce your issue. To help further look into the root reason, please share us with your runnable application that can show your problem. Some screenshots will be helpful. You could upload them here or send them to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com), thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.XLS