Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:17 pm

We got an urgent requirement where we need to place a macro on a word document generated by spire doc.
The macro will be run by our end users, and we don't expect spire API to auto run macro.

Can you provide us an API which we can use to write or save a macro to the word file generated by spire doc?

somanwita21

Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:28 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.Doc supports detecting and removing macros from DOCM file. However, creating and saving macros contents are unrealized at present. But I have added this requirement as a new feature into our upgrade list with the ticket number SPIREDOC-7632. Our Dev team will evaluate and try to implement it. Once there is any good news, we will let you know immediately. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:46 pm

Hi team, thanks for the prompt reply. Can you provide us an ETA for this?

somanwita21

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry that I cannot provide you with the ETA for this new feature at present, our developers will evaluate this new feature and try to implement it, we are not sure how long will this process take, thanks for your understanding. But if the new feature is implemented, I will inform you asap.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi team,
We have some additional requirements in continuation of my previous post. We generate word documents using spire API which contains a number of content controls in it. Now, we got a requirement where we need to place a button programmatically in between the content controls and on click of the button it can trigger the macro.
So, can we have some API available to insert a command button control in the document and on click of which it would trigger macro.

somanwita21

Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:17 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.Doc currently does not support manipulating macros, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in meeting your requirements. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have any other questions related to our products, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.Doc