Spire.DataExport for .NET is a 100% pure data .NET library suit for exporting data into MS Word, Excel, RTF, Access, PDF, XPS, HTML, XML, Text, CSV, DBF, SYLK, SQL Script, DIF, Clipboard, etc.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:29 pm

Hi,

The PDF export tool to me is a cool product. But I have couple of things that I am stuck and the help document is of no help at all.

What I am trying to accomplish wit the PDF export is the following:

1. How do I add Titles.
2. How do I set the Page Numbers
3. How do I add the Column Headers
4. Page Size(Landscape or Portrait)
5. Can I use Microsoft Application Blocks to get the data and then set the DataSource to a DataTable. Currently I am getting an error.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

shesur

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:52 am

Hello,

To answer your question :

1. How do I add Titles.
Add titles with the following code .
pdfExport1.Header.Add("Spire.DataExport Headers");

2. How do I set the Page Numbers.
The Spire.DataExport produces page number automatically, You can't set page number in current
1.3 version.

3. How do I add the Column Headers
The Spire.DataExport procedures column headers automatically, according your set datasource.

4. Page Size(Landscape or Portrait)
Set page size with following code.

pdfExport1.PDFOptions.PageOptions.Orientation = Spire.DataExport.Common.PageOrientation.Landscape;

5. Can I use Microsoft Application Blocks to get the data and then set the DataSource to a DataTable. Currently I am getting an error.

Please provide more detailed error message , We can konw what problem with.
If you set the Datasource to a DataTable , You need to set DataTable property to a datatable instance.
Technical Support
Spire.DataExport Team

support@e-iceblue.com

DataExport

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:19 pm

Thank you for your help. All your suggestion worked and I really like the product and it's awesome capabilities.

Is there a way to add charts into my PDF export. I know it can be done for Excel, but would be great if this can done for PDF also.

Thanks
Suresh

shesur

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:15 pm

Have no method to add charts into Pdf documents in current Spire.DataExport 1.3 version.
We will consider adding the function in furture version.
Technical Support
Spire.DataExport Team

support@e-iceblue.com

DataExport

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Thnaks for your response regarding exporting charts to PDF.

Is there a way in PDF Export to make the Title appear at the Center and may be Page Printed On @ top right of the page. Also is it possible to insert horizontal line iun header and the footer page.

Thanks
Suresh

shesur

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:11 pm

You can add spaces to make the title appear at the center ,can't insert horizontal line in header and footer page in current version.
Technical Support
Spire.DataExport Team

support@e-iceblue.com

DataExport

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:29 pm

Too early...

Hasfic

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:25 am

Hi,

Spire DataExport is good one. I need help. i have tested 50000 records. it has taken around 3 mins. Is it possible to reduce the time. is PDF table format same as word or html tables like text wrapping, setting table width.

Muniaswari

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:21 am

Hi Muniaswari,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please don't mind that I attach the answers after your questions.

Q1:i have tested 50000 records. it has taken around 3 mins.Is it possible to reduce the time
Answer:It seems that we can do nothing to reduce the time because all of elements in PDF are drew on PDF file. When the amount of records need to converted, it takes a long time. Anyway, when you save some large files as PDF using MS office, it takes a long time too(For example, save a excel file with 50000 records as pdf using MS Excel, it takes around 3 mins).

Q2: is PDF table format same as word or html tables like text wrapping, setting table width.
Answer:Spire.DataExport can't support PDF table format conveninently. But Spire.XLS can do it perfectly. You can set the table format in a excel and then convert it to pdf. I attached a demo illustrates how to set pdf format using Spire.XLS. Hoping this can be helpful for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you still have any questions,please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards
Suvi
e-iceblue support
Attachments
404XLStoPDF.zip
(27.74 KiB) Downloaded 3553 times

Suvi.Wu

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:40 am

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply as wel as attached file.

Actually, i have tested spire.dataeport with 1 crore records. it has succesful. I hav also used spire.pdf. it got error when it reaches above 10 lacs. Our requirement is , we want to load bulk data partially like 50000 per batch. It should not break at any cost like spire.dataexport. If possible its time taken should be less. I used only pdf format with sql database(without any office tools).

Have a nice day.

Muniaswari

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Muniaswari,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will do a research on reducing the time. However, as all of elements in PDF are drew on PDF file we talked in last post, there is no much time we can reduce. Anyway, we will do our best to optimize the taken time. Once we have any progress, you will be informed.

Have a nice day.

BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 am

Hi,

Thank u for ur reply.

I know it is dificulty to reduce time. but It is possible to improve some what. I also generated pdf with raw code. It taken 4 seconds for 50000 records. If table cells are created with rectangle, then it takes much time. Please try.
Once again i would like to say thanks to u.

With Best Regards,
Muniaswari

Muniaswari

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:38 am

We will inform you at once when we have improvements.

Have a great day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Return to Spire.DataExport