Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

Could you please give a clear example of shape animation.

I have a shape with a textframe. I need to animate it to fly in from the right after 2 seconds and float out upwards after 8 seconds. If possible I would also like to control the speed.

I have:
var eff = shape.Slide.Timeline.MainSequence.AddEffect(shape, AnimationEffectType.Float);
var t = new Timing();
t.TriggerDelayTime = 8;
eff.Timing = t;

According to the api docs, AddEffect takes 4 arguments:

public AnimationEffect AddEffect(
IShape shape,
AnimationEffectType animationEffectType,
AnimationEffectSubtype subtype,
AnimationTriggerType triggerType
)

I am using ver3.3 (via nuget), and it seems AddEffect will only take 2 arguments.
So, how do I set the subtype - which controls the direction?

Thanks

sjc999

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 am

Dear sjc999,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The method AddEffect indeed has only two arguments, where did you see the method has 4 arguments ? Besides, you could use the property Subtype to set the direction, please download the latest Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:3.5.1 and have a try. Sample code:
Code: Select all
            AnimationEffect effect = shape.Slide.Timeline.MainSequence.AddEffect(shape, AnimationEffectType.Fly);
            effect.Subtype = AnimationEffectSubtype.Bottom;

Any question, welcome to write back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 am

To find the documentation I mentioned:
Tutorials/API/Spire.Presentation/Spire.Presentation.Collections.html
See under AnimationEffectCollection Members first is AddEffect with 4 arguments.

I downloaded the hotfix, and can confirm, it does have the new code effect.Subtype, which is not available in 3.3.
However, I now get a watermark. How can I get the updated dlls for the FreeSpire package or an updated Nuget package?
This is important since removal of the extra arguments from AddEffect without adding back the ability to add them
separately (.Subtype) renders the current (3.3) free product virtually useless for animation.

Thanks

sjc999

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 am

Dear sjc999,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for the inconvenience about the api description, we will change it. We don't have any plan to maintain the free version, sorry for this. And we have sent you a temporary license file for one month to remove the warning message, you could have a better evaluation on our product. Please refer to the guide below for applying the license.
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Lic ... nsing.html
Any question, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Presentation