Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:56 pm

I have some old .xls Excel files that I need to merge into one file and saved as a .xlsx file. The .xls files are of verion 97-2003 and the .xlsx file i like to be 2010 version. After the merge I find out that some background colors have changed, and some shapes has changed also (although the color of the shapes remain the same). I tried the following:

dim xlBook as new WorkBook()
xlBook.Version = ExcelVersion.Version2010

... do the merging using AddCopy

xlBook.SaveToFile(filename, ExcelVersion.Version2010)

This does not work correct the background color problem, any suggestion?

patrick551

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:18 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for late reply as weekend.
After an initial test with the latest Spire.XLS Pack Version:9.7, I was unable to reproduce your issue on my side. If you were using an old version, we recommend that you download the latest version and try again. If the issue still exists, please provide your input .xls files, your generated .xlsx file as well as your testing environment, such as OS information (E.g. Windows 7, 64bit) and Region setting (E.g. China, Chinese). You could send these materials to us via email (support@e-iceblue.com). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:12 pm

I uploaded 2 .xls and the merged .xlsx to support@e-iceblue.com. I am using spire.xls 9.7, nothing changed.

patrick551

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:19 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I did a test with your sending files and indeed reproduced the issue.This issue has been posted to our Dev team for further investigating and fixing. If there is any progress, we will let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team

rachel.lei

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:34 pm

how can i use VBA to change the default color of white to some sort of gray? i am using darkmode and have changed the color of the menus and sidebars to gray but dont know how to change the default color of the body of an existing email.

note this is not pertaining to a New Email where you CAN change the default colors but to the outlook window itself

thanks
https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/choosing-the-perfect-bed-comforter-set/

Charleswef

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:29 am

Hi Charleswef,

Thanks for your inquiry.
As per my understand, you want to write Macro(VBA) in Excel file. I am afraid our Spire.XLS doesn't support editing Macro(VBA) in Excel file.
If I misunderstood, please provide detailed information for further investigation.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.XLS