Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed May 18, 2022 1:00 am

Hi,

We have purchased the license for Spire.Doc for the past 1 month and after we applied the code and steps to activate the license, we are unable to do it.

My Scholar.cs file contains the below code;

Document documentLO = new Document();
documentLO.LoadFromFile(Templatepath);
ToPdfParameterList tpl = new ToPdfParameterList
{
UsePSCoversion = true
};
documentLO.SaveToFile(ResultPath, FileFormat.PDF);

Project bin folder;
license.elic.xml
Spire.Doc.dll
Spire.Doc.XML
Spire.License.dll
Spire.License.XML
Spire.Pdf.dll
Spire.Pdf.XML

My Global.asax.cs file contains below code;
protected void Application_Start()
{
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseFileName("license.elic.xml");
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey("app_key_here");
Spire.License.LicenseProvider.LoadLicense();
}

And I am still having an issue with the generated PDF file, where the license statement appear in the file.

Kindly advise if I have missed a certain step.

Thank you.

mohdyazidmdzin

Wed May 18, 2022 2:54 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I noticed that you used both the methods (SetLicenseFileName() and SetLicenseKey()) to apply license, actually one of them is enough. I suggest that you use the SetLicenseKey(), since the other methods would cause the unrecognition of the license file because of the lack of permission or other reasons in some cases.
Besides, I searched our records but didn't find your purchase information according to your email. Could you please provide your authorized email address or order number for our reference? You could send the information to our email (support@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Thu May 19, 2022 5:59 am

Hi,

I received your letter and thanks for your sharing.
I checked your license and found you bought our Spire.Doc Standard Edition. Kindly note the Spire.Doc Standard Edition is different from the Spire.Doc Pack Edition. The former doesn't support print and conversion function. In your code, your were using the conversion function, it can be inferred that you were using the Pack edition as the function is only available in Pack edition. Your license is not valid for the Pack edition, that's the reason why you got the warning message. For your situation, please upgrade your license to Spire.Doc Pack Edition, our sales team will send you a letter later to guide you to upgrade.

Sincerely,
Kylie
E-iceblue support team

kylie.tian

Return to Spire.Doc