Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Dear Spire Colleagues,

I wish you and your team a very Happy New Year 2020 !!

I've a table row with two columns (50% width each).
Each column contains a table(nested table).
My columns are spanning across multiple pages.
My left column table ends at page 13 and my right column table ends at page 3. Is there a way that I can make my left column table to span full width of 100% from page 4?
This way I can save the space.

Attached is a sample pdf.

mturumella

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Do you convert Word to PDF and want that setting of making the left column table to span full width of 100% from page 4 ? If so, please provide your input Word file for further investigation.
If you want to operate PDF file directly, I am afraid there is no way to make the left column table to span full width of 100% from page 4 when the right table is empty on 4 page in your PDF.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:35 am

Doc with dual columns.zip

Hi Betsy,

Yes, we create word programmatically and save to pdf. Please find both word and pdf attached.

Thanks,
Santhoshi.

santuvssantu

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:10 am

Hi Santhoshi,

Thanks for your information.
After checking, I find you create a table with one row and two columns, and two child tables are respectively embedded in the left and right cell. There is no setting to move the part of the first table to the right cell automatically. And note MS Word is flow document does not contain any information about its layout into lines and pages. Spire.Doc follows the rules of MS Word. We don't know where the tables end at. I am afraid your requirement cannot be achieved. Hope you could understand.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc