Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue May 27, 2014 7:59 pm

I have a file which needs text formatted based on control characters. However when i try to format Text Selections that overlap each other it seems to whipe out the prevous formatting. Using a simplified set of control characters: Bold = (b) to (\b) and Underline = (u) to (\u). I give an example of what i'm seeing when i try to set the formatting of the Underline area prior to setting that of the Bold area. I see a similar thing happening even on Font size.

When trying to format text which starts out like:
(b)Sample (u)Text (/b) Line (/u)

Text should come out looking like this:
Sample Text Line

Ends up looking like this:
Sample Text Line

It seems that any change made to format of selected text which contains two different sets of formatting will clear the formatting of the second set prior to applying the format. I would expect to be able to change each character formatting seperatly but it tends not to work this way.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

nstewart114

Wed May 28, 2014 7:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
We have tested and it is able to set two kinds of format on one text. Please attach your file and codes you tried here for testing, which would be helpful to repro the issue and work out the solution for you ASAP.
Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc