Spire.DataExport for .NET is a 100% pure data .NET library suit for exporting data into MS Word, Excel, RTF, Access, PDF, XPS, HTML, XML, Text, CSV, DBF, SYLK, SQL Script, DIF, Clipboard, etc.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:05 pm

I've run into a rather odd problem using the free export tool. When doing an export to excel I found that if a column (from the source datatable) has the name of " * currency" that any data from that column is not exported. Note that the column name is "(space)(asterisk)(space)currency". The export is from a datatable as the datasource. This may be caused by any column name with a space at the beginning.

I know that I can rename the column to something else, but the column name is rather critical in that the tool that later reads this file in needs to have the column name match.

any ideas about how to get past this would be very helpful!

rfrayne

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:05 am

Hi ,

Thank you for reporting this problem to us.

We have created a research on this issue, it indeed be caused by any column name with a space at the beginning. We are so sorry that we need some more time to fix this problem. At the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. However, you will surely be notified as soon as it is resolved. Would you please change your column name by removing the space as a workaround temporarily? Sorry for inconvenience.

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know. Have a great day!

Have a nice day.

With kind regards.
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Return to Spire.DataExport