Spire.DataExport for .NET is a 100% pure data .NET library suit for exporting data into MS Word, Excel, RTF, Access, PDF, XPS, HTML, XML, Text, CSV, DBF, SYLK, SQL Script, DIF, Clipboard, etc.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Hello, I just downloaded the free version of DataExport, successfully installed that and the hot fix. I found and brought in the dll's to my project, but the tools are disabled in the toolbox. The instructions give an example of using DataExport in a Windows project. Is there any reason I can't use it in a web application? If I can, any idea why the components in the toolbox would be disabled? I'm trying to bring them onto a regular aspx page with a datagrid. Thanks in advance!

barthsm

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 am

Hello barthsm,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I have simulated what you described, but the toolbox doesn't disappear.
There are some limitations in free version of DataExport. I attached you an image which displayed differences between the charged edition and the community edition. Please check it.

If you still have any other problems, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Have a nice day.
Attachments
differences.PNG
differences.PNG (33.13 KiB) Viewed 9888 times
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi, please re-read my post. The tools don't disappear, but they are disabled.

This is my very first use of the controls on a simple aspx page with a datagrid - and just one Excel spreadsheet.

My question is: CAN I use this tool in a web application and if so, why the tools would be disabled for a first-time use? Your controls have been given as being able to be used in this CodeProject example: http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/190144/Export-Database-to-Excel-PDF-HTML-RTF-XML-etc-for-.aspx. Can this be done? Or have you added new limitations to the free version?

barthsm

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Update: I was able to achieve an export with code, bypassing the disabled components from the toolbox. I am only getting 40 rows of data in my exports but the full datatable contains over 450 rows. Is this another limitation of the free version? I also see an advertising worksheet inserted into the exported workbook, named "Evaluation". Another free version handicap, I assume. So - my remaining question is: can the free version export more than 40 rows of data?

barthsm

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:51 am

Hello barthsm,

Thank you for your patience with our product.

1.Spire.DataExport can be used in web application. The tool is disabled for a first time used in VS2010, but normal in VS2008. It's not controlled by Spire.DataExport.Dll.(I also attached you example code)

2.The free version of Spire.DataExport limit row count.(support max row count is 40 in excel). If you export data to XLS, the XLS workbook will be insert a extra worksheet which named “Evaluation Warning”

If you still have any othere doubts, please don't hesitate to contact us.
I wish you marry chrismas in advance.
Have a nice day.
Attachments
WebDemo.zip
(9.26 KiB) Downloaded 855 times
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Return to Spire.DataExport