Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:35 pm

I have a workbook with 5 worksheets and here is what I am trying to do:

I allow users to pass in a datetime parameter that I then populate the value in the Parameters Worksheet Cell A1. I use Parameters.Range("A1") to calculate dates on another worksheet. I have another worksheet called RawData1 that is populated from a DataSet that is returned via a Store Procedure call using the values from the Config worksheet. There is another worksheet called Validation that performs the following calculation in cell A1 after the dataset is inserted into RawData1. My problem here is that the formula in Validation.Range("A3") never recognizes the values of the cells that have been populated on the RawData1 worksheet, even after I call CalculateAllValue() on the workbook. Is there some sort of refresh method I need to call to update the references before the formulas run? I tired to save the workbook and load it again thinking the calculations would update but they did not. If I physically open the workbook in excel the formulas will execute and the values will update correctly.

Validation Formula looks like this
?validationSheet.Range("A3").Formula
"=ABS('RawData1'!A12-'Parameters'!A1)"

The RawData1'!A12 value is always coming back as 0 even though I can see the value of it when I do this in my immediate window
?tempSourceWorkbook.Worksheets("RawData1").Range("A12").DisplayedText
"2/28/2014"
?tempSourceWorkbook.Worksheets("RawData1").Range("A12").NumberValue

almarciulionis

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:43 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We didn't reproduce your issue.
We recommend that you could
trial our latest Version of Spire.xls 7.6.43, please download it via link below:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html
And try the demo in the attachment. Kindly note that please change to the directory in which you saved the Data.accdb file.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Sweety

E-iceblue support team
Attachments
4765.zip
(23 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

sweety1

Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:23 am

Hello,

Has your question been resolved?
Thanks for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Sweety
E-iceblue support team

sweety1

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 pm

I don't know how to answer this but it appears that my issue is resolved. I did not change any code just upgraded from the Free Dll's to the Pro version of the Dll's with a temp license and everything started working. While it is not the answer I was looking for as I can't explain why it is now working the fact of the matter is it is working.

Adam

almarciulionis

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
The free version has some limitation on functions. If you need more features, Please use commercial version. We can offer 1-month free license to remove the warning message if you need.
If I miss something or you have other problems, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Sweety

E-iceblue support team

sweety1

Return to Spire.XLS