Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi,

I try Spire.Xls with large amount of data in single workbook. I have 50 sheets and more than 25 columns and 65,000 rows each. Spire.Xls throws exception. So, I create dummy excel file with 20 sheets, 20 columns and 10,000 rows each. And again, Spire.Xls throws exception "BIY is not valid named range".

I also attach the sample and pictures shows the error.
I hope I can retry your library as soon as you fix those erros.

Thank you
Attachments
test.rar
Error
(758.2 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

derodevil

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have failed to reproduce your issue with the version(7.6.36) of Spire.XLS. There are no problems, and I can open the result document normally. Please download the Spire.XLS Pack Hotfix(7.6.36) from the following link and have a try:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Best Regards,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Yes, I also can open that document then I write into DataSet. I fail when trying to save to other excel file, and that's the problem. I've used the latest version (7.6.36). Could you please reproduce the problem with my existing code snippet to get the result? I try it multiple times and get no clue about how to solve.

Edit:
Well, OK. My mistake, I used the previous version, not the hotfix. Now it runs properly. And it takes 177 seconds to load and save :roll:
Thanks in advance.

derodevil

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:50 am

Hello,

There is too much data in your document, so it would spend more time to load and save the document. Thanks for your feedback, we will optimize our product.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or needs.

Best Regards,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm so sorry, I have to tell you. I have compared Spire.XLS with some other third parties. One of them took only 37 seconds. I hope you can optimize to load and save excel file faster. Fortunately, your product is the richest features and the easiest one, fully OOP and charming. I still wait that your product is the fastest one so that I can recommend to my boss to purchase. Please, let me know if this optimization is done.

derodevil

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:57 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response.We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards the optimization.
Best Regards,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:03 am

Hello,

We have done some optimization about the method sheet.InsertDataTable, you can download the newest hotfix from following link and have a try:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/temp ... 7.6.50.zip
In addition, please note that you need to set the workbook.OptimizeImport property firstly, and then call the method sheet.InsertDataTable().
Code: Select all
workbook.OptimizeImport=true;
sheet.InsertDataTable(table, true, 1, 1);

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or needs.

Betsy

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:15 am

Hello,

Have you tried the new hotfix? Could the optimization fulfill your needs? Could you give us some feedback at your convenience?

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:21 am

I have tried your suggestion. I also attached the result.
What I've done are:
1. I created dummy excel file with 20 sheets with 10,000 rows each sheet
2. I loaded the file and recreate that file using your product and another third party product

The result is your library took 155 seconds and another product took only 34 seconds. If you say my data is too large but I don't think so. My real data can be more than my dummy data, it can be 60 sheets with 50,000 rows each.
Attachments
img.png
img.png (4.47 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

derodevil

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:21 am

I have tried your suggestion. I also attached the result.
What I've done are:
1. I created dummy excel file with 20 sheets with 10,000 rows each sheet
2. I loaded the file and recreate that file using your product and another third party product

The result is your library took 155 seconds and another product took only 34 seconds. If you say my data is too large but I don't think so. My real data can be more than my dummy data, it can be 60 sheets with 50,000 rows each.

derodevil

Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:54 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have posted your issue to our dev team. Once there are any processes, we will let you know immediately.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy

Return to Spire.XLS