Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi,

Do you have plans to allow converting a .doc or .docx to .rtf to support embedded images?

Cheers,

Alex

alexneblett01

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our product supports embeded images when converting a .doc or .docx to .rtf. Could you please provide us the document for testing?
Thanks,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Gary,

I wanted to follow up on this issue and say that your are right about the embedded images not converting. There were two issues I discovered.

1.) The parser I was using to read your RTF files did not like the upper case letters in the encoded images (wanted lower case like Microsoft happens to write).

2.) It also missed the encoded content because there was no gap between \jpegblip, wmetafile8, etc. and the encoded content. Microsoft places a crlf between the tag and the encoded content.

The parser should really know better about upper case/lower case encoding. But, I think it would be wise to follow Microsoft conventions on the crlf between the tag and encoded content because I suspect not having it will break more than just this parser.

Cheers,

Alex

alexneblett01

Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for your response. In encoded images no matter upper case letters or lower case letters, it has no any influence on image as both of them can express hex.
In addition, the encoded content won't miss if there was no gap between \jpegblip, wmetafile8, etc. and the encoded content, and we will replace space with crlf between the image tag and the encoded content in next version.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc