Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 am

Good Day All,

I need to do a peculiar task with word document on Sharepoint server and since Microsoft does not recommend using Word Automation in server side processing I started looking for other possibilities.

My task is to strip docx document from all edition permissions for all users (my documents are protected and some parts of them are opened for edition for users or group ow users) as document is updated on SharePoint server.

I had downloaded Spire.Doc-FE and went for documentation. Unfortunately I could not find any API which would let me manage user permissions to document parts (especially bookmarks) - something which would correspond to Range.Editors in standard word automation (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word).

I think it very unlikely that Spire-Doc does not have this functionality - however no luck so far.

1) Can you hopefully confirm (ant point out a direction) that Spire.Doc allows to manage edition permissions inside docx document?
2) Can you confirm that Spire.Doc is suitable for server side processing on SharePoint 2010 (which is limited to .Net 3.5)?

markol4

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:56 am

Hello,

Thansk for your inquiry.
Sorry that at present our product doesn't support to manage user permissions to document parts (especially bookmarks) - something which would correspond to Range.Editors in standard word automation (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word).
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Hello,

That's not good ... for me...

Is there any chance that you will extend Spire.Doc to support aforementioned functionality?

Any time scope?

--
Wishes

markol4

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:12 am

Hello,

Sorry for late reply as weekend.
We have added it to our schedule, but we might not be able to share any timelines by which the functionality is supported.
However, as soon as the functionality is supported, we will inform you.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc