Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 am

Greetings,

I am evaluating the product for use so I had a question. We have encountered an interesting problem.
We do a process which includes converting docx to PDF and then to PostScript (PS). We have used a variety of products to make the conversion of docx to PDF and they all work fine. (Note that your product makes a smaller PDF). The problem arises later when the PDF is converted to PostScript.
1. Using the MS Interop to make the PDF (~76KB), results in a ~256KB PostScript File. Good...
2. Using another product to make the PDF (~76KB), results in a ~3000KB PostScript File. Very Bad...
3. Using another Spire to make the PDF (~48KB), results in a ~1,306KB PostScript File. Meh...not as good

I am wondering if that can be PostScript file size could be reduced. I am using the:
document.SaveToFile(strOutPDF, FileFormat.PDF );
The question is what is a ToPdfParameterlist that the method is supposed to take instead of a fileFormat?

I may as well ask while here, how does Spire.Doc play when Multi-Threaded?

Thank you much for your help, Michael

Miguelito

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:05 am

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your interest in our product.
To help us to reproduce your issue and resolve it soon, please list the below information in your message.

1. Dll file list (name + version)
for example:
Spire.Doc.dll v4.9.32.3040
Spire.License.dll v4.9.32.3040
Spire.Pdf.dll v2.8.86.3040

2. Operation System
for example:
Windows 7 Enterprise Edition SP1 x64
Regional and Language Options

3. Project can reproduce the issue
All code about this problem, a simple project which can reproduce this problem will be better.

4. Test Document or Test data
Please provide your test document to us if convenient, it may help us reproduce your issue quickly. We promise to keep your document confidential and we will not use it for any other purpose. Besides, you could also remove the security data of your document and then send it to us.

Best wishes,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc