Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm attempting to integrate the barcode generator into a SharePoint 2010 WebPart but when the page loads, there is a several minute attempt to create the barcode and it eventually fails with a broken image icon.

I can successfully run the code on a standalone asp.net page on the same server.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark B

mark_bert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 am

Hello,

I have tested your issue on Windows Server 2008 and didn’t reproduce your issue. Could you please provide us your test project which may help us reproduce the issue?
If you have any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Regards,
Benjamin
E-iceblue support team

Benjamin Du

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Benjamin,

Working to isolate the issue, I created a new webpart with nothing but a barcode and reverted to the stock v4 masterpage. when I load the page, after about 30 seconds, it brings up a logon dialog box and eventually times out. My guess is that this is some sort of permissions issue. Does your DLL need specific permissions to any directories? I know that SharePoint locks things down pretty tightly. Page code for the webpart is below:

<%@ Assembly Name="$SharePoint.Project.AssemblyFullName$" %>
<%@ Assembly Name="Microsoft.Web.CommandUI, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="SharePoint" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="Utilities" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="asp" Namespace="System.Web.UI" Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="WebPartPages" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="barcodeUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="barcode.barcode.barcodeUserControl" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Spire.Barcode" Namespace="Spire.Barcode.WebUI" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

<cc1:BarCodeControl ID="BarCodeControl1" runat="server" />

mark_bert

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:33 am

Hello,

Please register the barcode refer to the below link, this may resolve the issue.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Misc/how-to-re ... rcode.html
You can get the key from the following link.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Misc/share.html

If you have any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Regards,
Benjamin
E-iceblue support team

Benjamin Du

Return to Spire.BarCode