Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello,

We're currently evaluating Spire.Doc and running into an issue where we cannot access the text in the header.

I have a Word 2010 .DOCX file I'm using as a template that has a "different 1st page" for the header/footer.
In code I can access the ChildObjects(Paragraphs) for HeadersFooters.FirstPageFooter HeadersFooters.Footer, and HeadersFooters.FirstPageHeader, but HeadersFooters.Header never has any child objects.

Even doing a doc.FindAllString() It will find all my {{TOKENS}} in all areas except the Header.

I have sat in the watch window and traversed the object graph but I cannot find where this is located?

Thanks,
Jon

jchapman123

Thu May 01, 2014 3:52 am

Hello,

Thanks for evaluating our product.
Please provide us your test template .docx file, which would be helpful to reproduce the issue you have and work out the solution for you ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Thu May 01, 2014 4:01 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached an example file.

Thanks,
Jon

jchapman123

Thu May 01, 2014 6:27 am

Hello,

Thanks for the information.
We have noticed the issue you mentioned, which has been transferred to our Dev team. BTW, do you use the autotext into the second header? If so, I suspect it might be the root reason. Anyway, once there are any progress from our Dev team, we will let you know ASAP. Sorry for inconvenience.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support tem

Gary.zhang

Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks Gary,

I used the page number in the header but also placed my own text in there as well.

jchapman123

Fri May 16, 2014 3:15 am

Hello,

Sorry that let you wait for long time.
The issue has been resolved, and the hotfix has been published, please download Spire.Doc Pack(hot fix) Version:5.1.8 and test.
If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.
Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.Doc